Clerk Typist (Global Learning & Partnerships)
About the Division of Global Learning and Partnerships:
- Rowan Global Learning and Partnerships, formerly the College of Graduate & Continuing Education (CGCE), is Rowan University's vehicle to reach out and serve the needs of college students, working adults, lifelong learners, and the business community. Students enrolled in our academic programs include college graduates pursuing masters or doctoral programs and returning college students pursuing the completion of a baccalaureate degree or certification. In addition, Rowan Global provides a large portfolio of non-credit services and products, including professional development, continuing education units, corporate training, and personal enrichment.
- Under the direction of the Assistant Vice President (AVP) of Academic and Student Affairs, Rowan Global, the Clerk Typist is responsible for supporting the work of undergraduate, post-baccalaureate, and graduate program development, implementation and refinement within the Office of Graduate and Degree Completion Studies.
- The Clerk Typist performs duties such as coordination of data entry, database management, meetings, events, conferences, and departmental recordkeeping. The Clerk Typist is responsible to interact with diverse internal and external constituents including students, faculty, and professional staff along with outside organizations and vendors.
- The person hired for this position will be working extensively with internal databases, which require meticulous attention to detail and respect for confidentiality. There is a high level of responsibility inherent in this division. The position may also require extended and weekend hours.
Under the supervision and direction of the AVP, Academic and Student Affairs, Rowan Global, the Clerk Typist is responsible for the following essential responsibilities and functions:
- Provides confidential secretarial support for the AVP, Academic and Student Affairs, Rowan Global and the Office Graduate Studies.
- Assists with the daily operations of the Office of Graduate and Degree Completion Studies.
- Works cooperatively as a team member to support the Office of Graduate Studies; acts as a point of contact for faculty, professional staff, and students; and assists whenever possible or redirect appropriately.
- Prepares agendas for Graduate Advisory Council meetings and coordinates projects and deliverables as requested.
- Assists in the preparation of documentation for the annual Graduate Scholarship program; participates on Rowan Global Scholarship Committee.
- Assists in the preparation of a variety of reports for the Office of Graduate Studies including strategic planning activities, annual data submission for the Council of Graduate Schools, and other reports as required for external reporting agencies.
- Assists in semester AEL event planning and membership drive.
- Prepares communications on behalf of graduate student organizations including the AEL honor society of graduate and professional school students.
- Enters academic program data via internal database.
- Prepares program data deliverable to Rowan Global Marketing and Enrollment Management via electronic files.
- Prepares clear, accurate, and technologically sound administrative reports on behalf of the Office of Graduate Studies.
- Performs accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
- Schedules meetings using Outlook Calendar.
- Makes travel arrangements for the AVP, Academic and Student Affairs, Rowan Global.
- Takes notes at departmental meetings and prepares meeting minutes.
- Prepares general written correspondence. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar, and layout to ensure accuracy.
- Coordinates direct mailings and mass communications including email announcers to students, faculty, and staff.
- Provides general clerical support including front desk, phone, and in person reception, typing/word processing, data entry, copying, and filing. Routes incoming mail and processes outgoing mail.
- Interacts with Banner, 25 Live, and electronic tools for administrative services including budgets, invoices, requisitions, database management, and faculty services.
- Schedules logistical needs and meeting spaces to ensure room/space, materials, and resources are adequate. Maintains keys for conference areas and storage rooms.
- Works cooperatively with other internal departments and office administrative assistants to ensure telephone and desk coverage.
- Attends professional development and training workshops to update skills as necessary.
- Performs other duties, responsibilities, or special projects as assigned.
Please note that this position is subject to the NJ First Act, requiring public employees to establish residency in the State of New Jersey. See N.J.S.A. 52:14-7 (L. 2011, Chapter 70) for further information.
- Candidates will be required to take and pass a typing test at 40 wpm or higher or show proof of passing a NJ CSC test or Rowan University typing test in the past. The test will only be scheduled for candidates selected for interview.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office especially Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Previous clerical experience
- Ability to take direction and work well in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under tight deadlines with shifting priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Proofreading ability
- Customer service experience
- Experience and desire to be involved in events and event-planning
- Proficiency in Banner, Cognos
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment. All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.