Assistant Professor, Marketing
Dominican University of California is seeking a dynamic individual for a full-time, 9 month, tenure-track position to teach courses in Marketing. The candidate should have an earned doctoral degree (ABDs considered) and an active research agenda. Responsibilities include teaching courses, publishing in high quality journals, mentoring students, and participating in service to the University.
The Barowsky School of Business at Dominican University of California seeks to enhance the professional and personal development of our students through highly personalized and engaged learning experiences.
We currently offer an MBA program in full time and part time formats, and an MS program in Health Care Leadership. At the undergraduate level concentrations include accounting, finance, international business, management, and marketing. Minors in business, leadership and global innovation and entrepreneurship are available. Our small class size, teaching and mentoring philosophy, and core values of study, reflection, community and service create a distinctive experiential learning environment for our students.
- Teach graduate and undergraduate courses in one or more of the following areas: International Marketing, Consumer Behavior, Sports Marketing, Social Marketing, Marketing Research or other marketing-related courses
- Contribute to the school through scholarly inquiry resulting in publications and service to the university
- Weekend and evening classes will be required as a part of the teaching load
- Doctoral degree from an AACSB accredited institution with expertise in one or more of the above mentioned areas
- Prior college level teaching experience is preferred
- Prefer candidates with a record of publications and/or an active research agenda
- Candidates with professional corporate experience are strongly encouraged to apply
Additional Position Information
- The deadline to apply for this position is April 6, 2017
- Must be willing to consent to a criminal background check
- Currently, this position is to commence August 2017
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university of Catholic heritage, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. The University is located 12 miles north of San Francisco nestled in the foothills Marin County. Over 73% of our faculty members hold a PhD or the highest degree in their field of expertise, mirroring the percentage of doctorates at research universities. Dominican has a 1:11 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 15 with a small-town feeling in a park-like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
- A cover letter is required
- Compile resume/CV and cover letter into one PDF document and upload in the Resume/CV section
- For further questions on the application process, please contact email@example.com
- Link to apply: https://dominican.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/careers
For More Information Contact:
Dr. Christopher Leeds, Professor and Search Committee Chair
Barowsky School of Business
Dominican University of California
50 Acacia Avenue
San Rafael, CA 94901
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment. We are committed in thought, word, and deed to recruiting and retaining a workforce that values the diversity of its student body. The University actively promotes an institutional culture that practices equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of all under-represented groups in higher education.