Media Services, an Entertainment Payroll Company, seeks candidates for a full-time Residuals Analyst position in our Los Angeles office. Candidates must possess entertainment experience, a minimum of 5 years residuals processing experience, as well as excellent attention to detail and willingness to work as part of a team.
Position Summary: The primary responsibilities of the Residuals Analyst position include analyzing, preparing, and verifying residuals set ups and payments for Television, New Media and Theatrical products and distribution markets. The Residuals Analyst must perform residuals set ups and payments at the highest level of accuracy, reliability and efficiency. In addition, this position supports and assists the Residuals Department with various special projects and tasks as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the guild agreements and industry practices regarding residuals calculations and reporting.
- Independently research and problem solve.
- Independently setup shows and invoicing for all guilds/unions and markets.
- Assist with delegation of new show setups and follow through.
- Assist with residuals verifications - setups and invoices.
- Create abstracts and forecast for clients as needed.
- Assist with training of staff to ensure basic agreement obligations are met and potential liabilities are avoided or diminished.
- Assist with tools for residuals department to help with training and day to day operations.
- Assist with marketing residuals services and marketing materials and seminars as needed.
- Respond to internal and external questions posed by clients/staff/guilds/support departments in regards to contract interpretations from any and all guild agreements.
- Assist with client and or guild issues that may arise from staff errors or perceived errors by outside parties.
- Assist with special internal or external projects and audits as needed.
- Communicate with clients and staff at a informative level in order to earn trust and respect of clients and co-workers. Address all matters timely.
- Assist with rate/occupations setups as needed.
- Complete understanding of all processes and procedures for all areas of residuals department in order to assist when needed.
- Assist with testing on system enhancements and improvements and beta software/programs as needed.
- Act as a backup for other Analyst, Coordinators and Processing area.
- Must possess great follow-ups skills and manage assigned accounts and ensure all client obligations are met.
- Perform well under pressure and work over-time when required to meet deadlines - including weekends.
- Respect and uphold the confidentiality of both your client and company business.
- Able to represent the company with professionalism, clear, concise communication - both written and oral. All information must be communicated to your direct supervisor.
Essential Experience and Skills:
- Strong knowledge of collective bargaining agreements including SAG, AFTRA, DGA, WGA, IATSE, AFM.
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to type 40 wpm and use 10 key by touch.
- Ability to prioritize work to meet competing deadlines.
- Excellent math aptitude
- Well versed with computers and software applications including Microsoft excel formulas.
- Excellent client and customer service skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively work with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical skills.
All team members are required to be on-site. Media Services will not relocate. Media Services offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and vision benefits and 401(k). Media Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Media Services is a leading payroll and production resource for the entertainment industry, exceeding clients' expectations for over 35 years. Clients range from feature film and TV producers to commercial and music video production houses, along with web series developers, corporate media departments and live event organizers.
Media Services also offers expert in-house and on-location production accounting, as well as the most highly regarded residuals talent forecasting and payment system in the industry. The company's Showbiz Software line is known for its flagship Showbiz Timecards program, Showbiz Budgeting, Showbiz Labor Guide and Showbiz Cash Flows.At our Los Angeles and New York locations, we offer frequent software demos and informative seminars.
Los Angeles, CA
Sun, 12 Mar 2017 11:03:31 PDT