Associate Vice President and Director of Human Resources
Florida Gulf Coast University (FGCU) is conducting a nationwide search for its next Associate Vice President (AVP) and Director of Human Resources.
A vibrant and growing public institution in Southwest Florida, Florida Gulf Coast University is a young university valuing innovation and the pursuit of academic excellence. FGCU practices and promotes environmental sustainability, cultivates civic engagement and community partnerships, and provides a rich environment for teaching, research, and scholarship. FGCU, with its innovative programs, technology friendly campus and outstanding faculty, is one of the most exciting educational environments in America.
As a member of the State University System of Florida, it is a comprehensive university created to address the educational needs of the rapidly growing Southwest Florida population.
Reporting to the Vice President and General Counsel, the Associate Vice President and Director of Human Resources provides strategic and transformational leadership in the planning, development and implementation of quality-based integrated human resource programs. These programs and services, include but are not limited to: appointments, classification, faculty and staff recruitment, benefits, leave, retirement, compensation, administration, personnel records maintenance, employee relations, organizational development, training, and collective bargaining, consistent with the university’s vision, mission, and values.
Additional Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborates with the Vice President and General Counsel and constituents at all levels of the institution building and fostering strong relationships to translate the goals and initiatives of the University into HR strategic and operational plans.
- Builds, motivates, and retains a strong, results oriented and respected Human Resource organization and culture that is proactive, operationally excellent and viewed by the university to be collaborative, fundamentally fair and equitable, effective, supportive, thorough, efficient and innovative.
- Provides transformational leadership with a focus on building a customer service-oriented HR infrastructure that best serves the needs of a wide variety of university constituents.
- Reviews and streamlines processes to ensure the delivery of high quality services that contribute to employee productivity.
- Provides critical leadership and expertise in times of change and budget constraints.
- Provides strategic consultation and guidance to all levels of administration, faculty, and staff concerning human resource matters with a high degree of confidentiality, integrity, ethics, initiative and judgment.
- Provides strategic consultation and guidance to supervisors and employees regarding employee relations issues and organizational development needs.
- Assists the Provost’s Office with faculty and adjunct employee personnel matters and collective bargaining.
- Approves and processes expenditures (invoices for payment).
- Develops budget recommendation and reports.
- Prepares budget requests or written narrative and approves budget requests for department.
- Changes and/or reconciles p-card functions.
- Approves expenditures, audits and/or administers for p-card functions.
- Responsible for administering and monitoring all funds allocated to the Department of Human Resources.
- Serves as essential personnel and provides assistance in the event of an emergency on campus including pre-storm preparation, post-storm clean-up and replacement of stored goods to ready campus for operation after a storm; or other services assigned.
- Master's or equivalent and/or Ph.D. from an accredited institution in a relevant field.
- Significant years of current progressively human resource responsibilities including employment, employee relations, and generalist experience in an environment of comparable size and complexity.
- Demonstrated experience building a successful and service-oriented human resource department.
- Experience working in a higher education environment.
- Experience with negotiations, labor relations, and collective bargaining.
- Proficiency in the use of a Personal computer using MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Professional Certification by the Society of Human Resources Management (SPHR/PHR) and/or other certifying bodies in the Human Resources profession.
- Knowledge of university regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of all functional areas in human resources such as recruiting; position analysis and classification; compensation; benefits; immigration; training and organizational development; performance management; employee relations; HR information systems and data management.
NOMINATIONS AND APPLICATIONS
Florida Gulf Coast University (FGCU) is conducting a nationwide search for its next Associate Vice President (AVP) and Director of Human Resources and invites letters of nomination, applications (letter of interest, full resume/CV, and contact information of at least five references), or expressions of interest to be submitted to the search firm assisting the University. Review of materials will begin immediately and continue until the appointment is made. It is preferred, however, that all nominations and applications be submitted prior to May 15, 2017. For a complete position description, please visit the Current Opportunities page at www.parkersearch.com.
Laurie C. Wilder, President
Porsha Williams, Vice President
Mitchel Bonds, Associate
770-804-1996 ext: 109
firstname.lastname@example.org || email@example.com
FGCU is an EOE, which has a commitment to cultural, racial, & ethnic communities & encourages women & minorities to apply. It is expected that successful candidates share this commitment. FGCU is governed by the sunshine laws of the State of Florida. Application packages, including additional materials submitted are subject to public review under Florida's Public Records law, shall become the property of FGCU, and cannot be returned.