Summer Conference Coordinator Assistants (FT, temporary)
Thank you for considering Curry College in your search.
About Curry College:
Founded in 1879, Curry College is a private, four-year, liberal arts-based institution located on a wooded 131-acre campus in Milton, MA just seven miles from downtown Boston. Accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), Curry College offers 24 undergraduate majors, over 60 minors and concentrations, as well as four graduate programs.
Curry College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in every aspect of its operations. The College values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty and staff from a variety of backgrounds. Curry College is an equal opportunity employer that encourages diversity in the workplace.
Assistants. The Conference Coordinator Assistant position is a (temporary) 40 hour per week position and the duration of the appointment is June 12, 2017 through August 11, 2017. This role reports to the Conference and Events Coordinator.
The Conference Coordinator Assistant is responsible for promoting a safe, supportive and welcoming environment to assist our visiting summer programs and providing professional guidance for seven Conference Assistants.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Become familiar with the summer programs on campus and assisting each with site management to ensure a successful summer experience.
- Provide training and team building to Conference Assistants prior to the start of summer conferencing.
- Supervise seven student Conference Assistants and providing ongoing support as needed.
- Open and close residence halls at the start and end of each program.
- Oversee the management of keys for the summer conference clients.
- Interpreting and enforcing college policies concerning the physical facilities on campus.
- Oversee the physical maintenance of the residence area and reporting any maintenance needs as required.
- Establish a schedule for office hours and lockout rotations for the Conference Assistants.
- Serve on a rotational duty schedule.
- Assist the Conference and Events Coordinator with administrative tasks such as posting of notices and scheduling linen services as well as serving as the Conference and Events representative when the Coordinator is not on campus.
- A Bachelor's Degree is required.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and remain productive amidst multiple interruptions.
- Solid interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to serve in the on-duty rotation as scheduled.
- Prior experience as a student worker in a Residence Life, Student Activities, Student Center, Student Affairs or College Conference and Events office is preferred.
At the College’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the College, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all pre-employment background checks.
Please apply online at: http://www.curry.edu/about-curry/employment/job-opportunities.html for consideration. Interested Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information and professional titles.