Business Assistant (Part-time)
The Health Science Center (HSC) Business Assistant is critical to the smooth operation of the HSC and has constant interaction with potential and current students, faculty and staff; alumni and donors’ and external guests of the HSC.
The Business Assistant is responsible for providing IT, administrative, general office support, to the faculty, students and staff on days/evenings and Saturdays/Sundays when classes/sessions are in progress. The Business Assistant acts as a representative of the University providing excellent customer service. This position assists the East Longmeadow faculty/staff in the operations oversight of the campus during scheduled hours.
The HSC Business Assistant must possess excellent communication and office skills; is pleasantly engaging; is able to multi-task; is team-oriented; and strives to resolve challenges when they arise. As a front-line representative of the HSC, the HSC Business Assistant must possess knowledge of HSC departmental functions and is supportive of and passionately believes in the University’s mission.
There are three openings for this part-time position (5 to10 hours per week for each position, when classes are in session). The schedule may vary, as shifts will be shared to include the following coverage:
Weekday evenings: 4 pm to 7:00 pm or 7:30 pm.
Weekends: 7:30 am to 6:30 pm.
Other shifts as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Receive and transfer telephone calls on the HSC’s main switchboard efficiently and accurately to the appropriate staff or faculty member in a professional and pleasant manner. Takes messages when necessary.
- Start computers and set-up technology and presentation equipment in all related classrooms prior to the beginning of each class and ensure that computers and related IT equipment are operational, especially in high technology rooms, if needed.
- Break down technology and presentation set-ups at the end of the day, store and secure as required, if needed.
- Provide IT assistance throughout the shift as needed.
- Provide excellent customer service to students, faculty and staff.
- Photocopy documents (some confidential information) as needed.
- Respond to student questions and concerns in a professional and empathetic manner. Refer students to proper resources as needed.
- Greet visitors in a friendly, welcoming, and professional manner.
- Is familiar with all facets of the HSC facility and its operations and provides general supervision and support of the facility.
- Communicate with Campus Public Safety and 911 when needed.
- Provide receptionist/switchboard coverage.
- Assist with maintaining the smooth operation of the HSC facility including the following: assist ITS department in monitoring IT equipment including PC’s and printers, will be trained to trouble shoot PC, AV and printer issues and act as first line of defense if such problems arise; collect and report facility related problems in a timely fashion to appropriate University staff.
- Perform other duties and accepts additional responsibilities as requested by departmental supervisor.
- Complete administrative tasks requested by BPU staff and/or faculty.
- Provide assistance and guidance for deliveries made to HSC.
- Adhere to University policies and procedures and works cooperatively with other University departments across all locations.
- Be able to respond to emergency procedures, if needed.
- Attend trainings as required.
- High School graduate or GED.
- Willingness and ability to work days/evenings and weekends, Saturday’s and Sundays required.
- Willingness to be alone in building.
- Ability to troubleshoot IT issues related to computer hardware and software, as well as presentation equipment.
- Ability to work independently and effectively problem-solve.
- Able to work with confidential material with integrity and discretion.
- Ability to report to work on time for scheduled work shifts.
- Detail orientated with excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and adhere to deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills, including word processing, Publisher, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Willing to work evenings and/or weekends.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion.
- General knowledge of the University’s mission, purpose and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Applicants for this position should submit a cover letter outlining salary requirements, resume, and contact information for four professional references. All applications should be sent electronically in MS Word format to email@example.com.
An equal opportunity employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.
Apply for Business Assistant (Part-time)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly