Controls Engineer - Spiral
Intralox offers an unparalleled opportunity for those who want to work for an established, yet consistently growing company, with opportunities for international exposure, continuous improvement, and career advancement. Headquartered in New Orleans, it is a global company with $400M in annual revenues and over 1500 employees worldwide. Intralox grew out of inventions of a local entrepreneur and continues to pride itself on innovation - the company has hundreds of patents and files new ones each year.
Are you are expert in motor VFD control? Would you like to implement custom controls and design controls standards for new technology platforms that are revolutionizing manufacturing, logistics and food processing systems? Do you have a good electromechanical sense? Intralox seeks a Controls Engineer to work on complex and game-changing problems like this.
At Intralox, our engineers work for a company that is global, successful, growing and innovative. We develop cutting edge technologies in an environment that encourages contribution and innovation. For more information, visit www.intralox.com.
• Control system design in support of conveying applications where specific features of conveyor equipment are enhanced (enabled) by electronic controls.
• Provide training to Equipment manufacturers and customers across the world on proprietary technology platforms related to Controls and Electrical Systems
• Explore, develop and promote new control systems that increase functionality and value of Intralox equipment and conveyor belts.
• Write, implement, document and debug software for equipment.
• Budgeting, estimating and pricing of control systems.
• Procurement of electrical and control components for control systems.
• Value engineering of design, components and materials.
• Manage and direct on-site (in-plant) installation and commissioning of control systems in conjunction with equipment installations.
• Provide remote and on-site (in-plant) troubleshooting of control systems.
• Successfully complete assigned projects to quality standards, on time, and within budget.
• Prepare s-built" drawings, controls schematics and bill of materials.
• 5-10 Years of relevant experience in control systems
• Master of Science degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing Engineering Systems or related field of study)
• Ability to understand Master's-level Electrical & Mechanical Engineering concepts. Ability to take those concepts and apply them to real world electromechanical challenges
• Proficiency in PLC and HMI programming.
• Expertise in industrial control circuit design and electrical panel design
• Experience in VFD programming.
• Thorough understanding of and experience with NEC, UL, CE and NFPA.
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and Word.
• Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and strong presentation skills
• Ability and willingness to occasionally travel (10-40%) both domestically and internationally, and perform on-site training and support
• Proven ability to operate in an international environment.
• Foreign language ability is a plus.
• Experience with Allen Bradley PLCs and HMIs, and RSLogix500 and Studio5000 programming software
• Experience with Allen Bradley Drives
• Experience in servomotor and servodrive application engineering
Intralox was founded on the commitment to an idea.
In 1947, Intralox founder JM Lapeyre patented the first industrial shrimp peeler, but encountered problems moving the peeled shrimp on metal conveyor belts due to rust and corrosion building on the belts. He approached major rubber and steel conveyor belt manufacturers to produce a modular plastic belt, but he was told this was not feasible. Undeterred, JM invented the modular plastic conveyor belts and thus, Intralox was born.
Over the last four decades, Intralox has developed a worldwide reputation for ethical and responsible business practices, and maintained our founder's commitment to treating employees, customers, and suppliers with honesty, fairness, and respect. Our growth and sustained success is the result of a diligent focus on continuous improvement, a core belief that self-managed people are our greatest asset, and a commitment to ideas, teamwork, and effort.
We pushed past the boundaries of traditional conveying systems with the revolutionary invention of modular plastic belting, and continue to move beyond industry standards. With over 800 active patents and new products such as our Activated Roller Belt Technology and Food Safe Technology, working with Intralox allows you to experience our uncompromising commitment to providing solutions and solving problems for our customers.
Self-managed people are our greatest asset.
Sun, 12 Mar 2017 13:05:58 PDT