Seeking a System of Systems Architect supporting DHS Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) program office. DHS is tasked with providing "risk-based and cost effective" cyber security to federal agencies. The SE&I program is responsible for implementation of DHS Cyber Solutions to include analysis tools. The SE&I program oversees the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for new and emerging capabilities designed to protect the nations Federal civilian networks from emerging cyber threats. The Systems Architecture team is responsible for a combination of long range strategic planning of technical capabilities as well as defining the first level systems solution architecture to guide the scoping and implementation of development/ integration projects. The successful candidate will have experience supporting a government organization in technical advisory for system design and architecture, with preferable hand-on experience in developing large scale systems. This position requires that the candidate have a current Top Secret security clearance, with SCI eligibility.
- Support Enterprise and System Architecture development, maintenance, and design implementation evaluation.
- Determine the gaps between the current and the target architecture and develop plans for transitioning to target architecture
- Work with analysts and other stakeholders to understand mission processes and needs
- Assess new applications and technologies for alignment with organization-wide priorities and strategies.
- Develop architecture products to shape scope and top level design for active development/ integration projects
- Review projects design for alignment to the System of Systems Architecture.
- Provide thought leadership to the government regarding system architecture solutions
- Provide facilitation of capability roadmaps
- Provide expertise in Enterprise Architecture, including Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA), DoD Architecture Framework (DoDAF) and other Enterprise Architecture frameworks.
- Facilitate analyses to identify duplicative investments, gaps, or opportunities for reuse or optimization within the enterprise or leverage S&T or other DHS investments
The Ideal Candidate Will Have The Following
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
- Minimum five (5) years of work experience as an Enterprise/ Systems Architect supporting a government organization
- Possess current Enterprise Architecture certification, and have participated in Enterprise Architecture training (i.e. Zachman, FEAC Institute, TOGAF, Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence, etc.)
- Experience developing system designs that have been successfully been implemented.
- Experience in a disciplined architecture engineering approach, working with requirements to ensure alignment between both product sets
- Experience with software development, including various methodologies (waterfall, incremental, and agile)
- Experience with supporting development planning, including recommending incremental milestones and interdependencies
- Demonstrated ability to work with senior government leaders to capture high level needs as well as provide feedback and recommendations to the technical path forward
- Experience with cyber security solutions and/ or intelligence analysis mission flows
- Experience working with development teams to provide technical guidance and support development efficiencies
Must be able to work well under pressure, and possesses excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as excellent organizational skills.
River Front Services, Inc. (RFS) is a systems engineering firm that specializes in critical ISR systems for diverse clients ranging from Government Agencies to Department of Defense to State and local Municipalities. Our services range from network operations and analysis to systems security and exploitation, to deployable space structures. Notably, RFS is a small and agile firm, enabling us to be extremely flexible and responsive to our customers. Best of all, RFS is known for our depth of knowledge, exceptional quality, and unparalleled service.
Sat, 11 Mar 2017 18:49:04 PST