Nursing Admission Counselor
Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
Position Purpose: The Nursing Admission Counselor is responsible for recruitment of freshman and transfer students to the GWC Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) undergraduate program. Counsels prospective students throughout the admission process.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning .
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assumes responsibility for the recruitment of undergraduate nursing students to GWC.
- Serves as a member of the GWC Enrollment Team.
- Manages high school visits, community colleges visits, college fairs, businesses, and other venues, based on past data, for the purpose of recruiting nursing students.
- Researches and provides accurate information about GWC’s BSN program and admission procedures for prospective students.
- Develops communication strategies that will effectively promote GWC of Aurora University and undergraduate nursing recruitment, including daily and weekly contact management.
- Recommends and implements strategies to meet enrollment goals for nursing students.
- Evaluates transcripts to determine whether student meets admission guidelines and makes the appropriate decision on admission, disapproval or review.
- Assists with enrollment open houses, events and orientations throughout the year.
- Provides in-depth financial aid information to prospective nursing students, including explanation of the financial aid process and scholarship opportunities; works with the student and/or family to determine a comprehensive financial plan for attendance at the university, often dealing with sensitive and confidential issues.
- Engage with current CRM, Colleague and other technology recruitment strategies; actively recommend ideas and process improvements.
- Assists colleagues as needed and contributes to the team spirit and goals.
- Adheres to University policies and procedures regarding travel and procedures.
- Assists with university/college events as needed or requested, including but not limited to Commencement and Music By The Lake.
- Performs other functions as necessary or assigned.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Work experience as a nurse required.
- Experience in higher education important.
- Excellent communication and organization skills and a customer-service orientation.
- Ability to prioritize work and to meet deadlines required.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of faculty, staff and students and to develop strong relationships with colleagues, staff, administrators, students and the general public.
- Flexibility with an evolving work situation essential.
- Some evening and Saturday hours required.
- Ability to move about campus.
- Ability to interact via telephone, in person, and via electronic media.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission included. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
firstname.lastname@example.org - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to becoming a model university of the twenty-first century. Toward this effort we are determined to have a faculty, staff, and student body reflecting the cultural demographics of the Greater Chicago land Area.