Territory Account Executive (Middleware Software)
The Territory Account Executive is responsible for using a consultative solution selling approach to grow and develop the Company's business in a given territory or account base (geography, set of industries, or combination thereof). The Territory Account Executive focuses on a set of 20-30 assigned accounts that she/he proactively covers to generate new opportunities and license revenue. She/he effectively covers other accounts in his/her area by building and coordinating partner relationships, as well as leveraging demand generation activities.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• The Territory Account Executive is part of a virtual sales team along with other lines of business and is responsible for selling the company's solutions portfolio in her/his territory.
• Achieve/exceed quarterly and yearly revenue targets using approved business planning, account management, opportunity management, and monitoring processes tools.
• Drive and penetrate new accounts and meet with stakeholders (C level) within accounts selling large-scale collaboration solutions.
• Working directly or with the Partner Manager, builds & coordinates partnerships with top partners to generate incremental revenue opportunities.
• Develop and maintain a Territory plan and pipeline to meet and exceed assigned quota.
• Qualify, create, develop, control and close new opportunities.
• Adopt the appropriate methodology to selling.
• Accurately forecast and report on opportunities within the assigned territory.
• Create an environment of collaboration with both the customer and virtual sales team.
• Create constructive tension and challenge the customer with their knowledge of customer & industry insight.
• Teach customers insights & tailor solutions to challenge their approach to key corporate priorities and create a value proposition
• Take control of the sales process rather than simply following the customer's process.
• Build key management relationships with focus on new opportunities, customer success and satisfaction resulting in referenceable accounts and positive brand/company awareness.
• Identify stakeholders and sponsors and customer references.
• Manage complex sales cycles, utilizing internal and external resources as appropriate.
• Engage with cross-functional resources to drive the company's sales.
• Develop new solutions and supports others in solving complex problems in the sales process.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent and familiarity with internet technologies.
Professional Experience in year(s): A minimum of 5 years of experience
• Basic understanding of BPMS, SOA, B2B and EAI Technology and marketplace
• Prior industry experience selling software based solutions into a specified territory, specifically into targeted new name accounts with deal sizes that range from $50K - $1M+.
• Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas.
• Excellent presentation skills and interaction with internal/external customers.
• Experience developing and presenting clear and concise sales briefings/meetings.
Fri, 10 Mar 2017 10:30:28 PST