Coordinator, Assistant Residence Hall
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 01-10-2017
The Assistant Residence Hall Coordinator (ARHC) provides leadership and administration for an area of campus housing. In conjunction with the Residence Hall Coordinators and Assistant Directors, the Assistant Residence Hall Coordinator assists with the supervision and maintenance of a comprehensive inclusive residential living program for students as well as a developmental program for paraprofessional staff. The ARHC provides administrative leadership for the development of a living-learning community/residential area. The Assistant Residence Hall Coordinator is responsible for the daily administration of the residence hall facilities, operations and programs, serves on one University Housing Services Professional Staff committee, and assists in projects designed to enhance the quality of student life for residence hall students. The Assistant Residence Hall Coordinator will strive to create a residential environment that is conducive to living and learning.
1. Bachelor's degree
2. Valid driver's license
3. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Two (2) years part-time administrative work in the residence halls or campus activities is preferred.
2. Office administrative skills; competent computer and Microsoft Office skills.
3. Strong problem solving skills.
4. Ability to provide student-centered and customer service orientation.
5. Strong oral and written communication skills and active listening skills.
6. Ability to accept change with a positive attitude.
7. Flexibility and adaptability to shift from one task to another.
8. Sensitivity to multi-cultural issues and supports a diverse environment.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.