About the Job
Hiller Carbon has a career opportunity for a Staff Accountant to be responsible for general accounting duties, including account reconciliations, data mining, journal entry preparation, and ad-hoc reporting requested by Controller/CFO and Senior Management. In addition, the staff accountant will be responsible for learning AP & AR functions in order to serve as primary backup for existing staff. The selected candidate will work closely with the Controller in a small group environment that includes all aspects of the business operations.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an entry level to intermediate level accounting professional looking to work closely with the Controller/CFO and Management to shape a growing accounting function in a business striving for rapid, sustained growth.
• Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations as well as document and evaluate current procedures. Areas of focus include general accounting, fixed assets, and trend analysis. Other duties include review and reconciliation of balance sheet and income statement accounts. Demonstrates initiative in understanding process flows and controls.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist the CFO in month-end accounting close functions to include journal entries, accruals, account reconciliations, and balance sheet / expense account analysis.
• Assist the CFO with accounting system upgrades / conversion, and implementation of new technologies, including order entry systems.
• Perform other accounting duties and projects as requested.
• Participate in various ad hoc projects and analysis associated with capital purchases, mergers & acquisitions, and the budget process.
• Maintain the Fixed Asset and associated depreciation schedules; provide monthly detail for General Journal entries; insure proper recording of new purchases and disposals.
• Manage spending and inventory levels for all office and staff supplies.
• Manage postage costs and process. Work with staff to ensure shipments are sent on time at the most efficient rates possible.
• Manage marketing supplies inventory, including product re-orders.
• Process vendor invoices for entire family of entities (overhead/misc. vendor related expenses).
• Create PO's for misc. items (bags, pallets, etc.)
• Utilizing repeating purchase orders process/land all inbound inventory.
• Process all inventory related invoices.
• Process all vendor payments via check, ACH, wire, etc.
• Download payment file from GP and upload to Bank website for payment verification (if necessary).
• Create and/or Approve Outgoing Wires.
• Prepare all customer bills in order entry software.
• Review incoming BOL's for accuracy and coordinate with dispatch on any discrepancies.
• Track weekly Fuel Surcharge rates for customers and vendors.
• Provide backup for dispatch functions at facilities not assigned, including follow up for all billing inquiries
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, or Bachelor's degree in business with emphasis in accounting, is required.
• 1-2 year accounting experience preferred.
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics or similar Accounting/ERP software preferred.
• Solid comprehensive understanding of GAAP and internal control compliance.
• Must be highly skilled in use of Excel Spreadsheets.
• Experience working in a fast paced work environment with tight deadlines and short close cycles.
• Strong interpersonal and teaming skills. Must be able to work with individuals at all levels of the organization and be able to think independently.
• Flexibility. Must be able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment and be resourceful in finding needed information.
More than 35 years later, Hiller Carbon LLC is a competitive supplier of specialty carbon products and other minerals to the EAF steel, paper, foundry, lime, industrial and other chemical industries. Hiller is an integrated energy solutions provider where customized products, distribution and freight expertise create value and deliver results.
Our areas of expertise include:
Operation of carbon processing and milling operations.
Supply chain management, including transportation logistics.
Product quality management
Hiller Carbon is a manufacturing, marketing and distribution company with supply partners throughout the country. Hiller Carbon is a primary supplier of raw materials, supplying many domestic electric arc steel producers. Our primary carbon product lines are used in electric arc furnaces.
Hiller Carbon meets the demands and expectations of its customers through a variety of services including financing, consulting, warehousing, transporting, and processing.
Hiller Carbon operates by 4 guiding principles:
1. Safety - Always doing the right thing with a concern for our teammates, customers and business partners.
2. Integrity - Always mindful of our teammates, customers and business partners by being polite, courteous, friendly and attentive.
3. Reputation - Accountable for the Hiller reputation and brand, which is built by a collection of experiences between customers, our business partners and us.
4. Efficiency -" Striving to always be efficient while creating value for the goods and services we supply
Sat, 11 Mar 2017 07:25:42 PST