Tax Senior Manager, Manager and Senior - Real Estate Tax
Manage the delivery of real estate tax services. Responsible for the efficient, accurate, complete, and timely review of all clients' tax returns including individual, trust, partnership and corporate tax returns and multi-state returns. Advanced technical skills in a variety of real estate tax areas, along with well-developed and applied management skills are required. Job can be based in Miami or Boca Raton.
- Supervise all aspects of real estate tax compliance for individuals, corporations, partnerships, trusts and estates
- Facilitate client understanding of real estate development implications
- Begin and complete tax research projects, including the ability to present findings in a clear, concise, understandable written form. Research and draft technical memoranda
- Act as a resource for tax preparers/specialists and audit staff on specific tax issues and/or questions
- Maintain strong client relations and cross-sell services within the assigned group of clients
- Work closely with partners, managers and staff to integrate practice development skills into a team approach to client service and new business development
- Manage develop, train and mentor staff on tax projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, make sure deadlines are met, and lead change efforts effectively
- Consult, work with, and service clients to make recommendations on business and process improvements and serve as a business advisor to clients
- Attend professional development and training sessions on a regular basis and stay informed regarding tax changes and issues that could affect clients
- Five (5) or more years of real estate tax experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and CPA
- Master's in Taxation
- Experience with a large public accounting firm or large law firm
- Thorough knowledge of tax compliance methods, and strategy consulting for Real Estate Partnerships
- Considerable knowledge of partnership structures and their impact on real estate transactions and corresponding tax liabilities
- Comprehensive technical skills, including providing full services to real estate owners, developers and privately held real estate entities
- Considerable experience identifying and addressing client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement; communicating value propositions; managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections; and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials.
- Considerable experience as a team leader: supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; and coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback.
- Experience training and developing staff
Berkowitz Pollack Brant, Advisors and Accountants, has more than 200 Firm members working from offices in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Boca Raton, West Palm Beach and New York. We are one of the largest public accounting firms in South Florida and one of the top 100 firms in the country. Our professionals provide a comprehensive approach to income, estate, financial and investment planning. We have cultivated a diverse client base, a wide range of practice areas and our growth is an indicator of our clients' satisfaction.
BPB offers a fast-paced and challenging work environment. Each individual in our organization is integral to the Firm's success. Our Firm culture is one that is cohesive and unified. We are a team with a family atmosphere that creates a supportive environment and enables people to build fulfilling careers.
Boca Raton, FL
Sat, 11 Mar 2017 15:07:00 PST