University Director of Undergraduate Recruitment
Under the direction of the University Executive Director of Admission, the University Director of Undergraduate Recruitment executes CUNY's overall recruitment strategy, and leads the design, development and implementation of comprehensive recruitment plans, programs and initiatives in alignment with the University's strategy to identify, attract, admit and enroll highly qualified and diverse students from the New York metropolitan area and beyond. The University Director develops and executes a communications plan and special events in alignment with CUNY's goals, strategies, and needs to all constituencies and ensures consistent messaging. The University Director of Undergraduate Recruitment will participate in re-engineering CUNY's core recruitment strategies to achieve specific goals and to improve recruitment processes with technology.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Leads and directs university-wide recruitment and outreach activities with internal and external constituents.
- Develops and implements strategies and programs aimed at increasing market share for both traditional and non-traditional students.
- Collects and analyzes data to inform strategic recruitment initiatives.
- Manages, trains, and develops the recruitment team composed of part- and full-time coordinators and recruiters to ensure the highest possible customer service.
- Develops and facilitates training programs for the New York City Department of Education's counselors and college advisors.
- Creates and executes CUNY information fairs throughout the New York metropolitan area.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative partnerships and relationships with individual CUNY colleges regarding recruitment and admissions strategies.
- Partners with the Director of Marketing Technology to develop and execute recruitment communication plans, including web and print.
- Co-chairs the CUNY Advisory Boards for New York City, Westchester, Rockland & Putnam Counties, and Long Island.
- Serves on various University committees.
- Collaborates with other senior staff to improve customer service.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned.
Bachelor's degree and eight years' related experience required.
- An advanced degree and demonstrated success in direct student recruitment, outreach, marketing, or admissions strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of competitive undergraduate admissions processes, market trends, diversity, and the college choice process.
- A dynamic and creative professional with a proven record of successfully developing and implementing recruitment plans and meeting established goals.
- A strong customer service orientation and attention to detail are essential.
- Must have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, along with strong mediation, group facilitation, and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to establish priorities, manage multiple demands and projects, and meet deadlines.
- Must be an enthusiastic self-starter with the ability to take initiative, use sound judgment to make decisions, and exercise discretion and tact in a professional recruitment setting.
- Must work effectively and collaboratively, across departments and colleges, in a team-oriented environment, with all levels of students, faculty, staff, and administrators and other external constituents, especially in a large centralized university system.
- Experience leading, managing and training staff.
- Strong analytical, research and technical skills to evaluate and use data in planning and decision-making.
- Must be proficient and experienced using higher education industry standard tools, including CRM, web-based tools/systems, and online applications.
- Preferred: Experience with PeopleSoft, Multilingual, and has valid driver's license.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Develops and executes recruitment and admissions strategies for one or more CUNY-wide initiatives to identify, attract and enroll a diverse student body.
- Partners with college admissions offices to develop and implement a cohesive recruitment strategy for the NY Metropolitan area.
- Develops, directs and targets multi-phase and multi-media marketing efforts, recruiting materials, and specialized outreach activities to support recruiting a large and diverse applicant pool.
- Oversees admissions operations of the department, including budget, staff and University processes.
- Evaluates and reports outcomes; uses information in statistical, fiscal, and other reports to make improvements to the recruiting process.
- Represents the University Executive in CUNY-wide initiatives and may act in his/her place when required.
Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Officer
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary is commensurate with education, qualifications and experience
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
For full consideration, submit a cover letter and rsum online via CUNY's web-based job system, addressing how your experience and credentials fulfill the responsibilities and qualifications outlined.
The direct link to the job opening from external sources is:
Open until filled. Review of resumes to begin April 8, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Central Office
Job Title: University Director of Undergraduate Recruitment
Job ID: 16486
Full/Part Time: Full-Time