Institutional Services Assistant- Pool Position
INSTITUTIONAL SERVICES ASSISTANT
Working Title: Institutional Services Assistant- Pool Position
Type of Employment: Staff
Division: Finance and Administration
Proposed Salary Range: $16,641.00
Position Summary: The Institutional Services Assistant is responsible for general cleaning of areas in and around office buildings, class rooms, lecture halls, conference rooms, auditoriums, resident halls, dining areas, building common areas, and other areas as required. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
This posting is open for continued recruitment of individuals seeking employment for the position of Institutional Services Assistant. This pool position allows applicants to be considered for every Institutional Services Assistant position that becomes available. These positions are available in Facilities Management, Residence Life, Arkansas Biosciences Institute and the Student Union.
- Remove trash from waste baskets, dumps trash, sanitizes and re-lines trash receptacles daily, or as needed, and operates trash compactors.
- Wipe furniture, such as desk tops, tables, and other surfaces.
- Clean walls, windows, window sills, stairways, and entry ways, as needed.
- Sweep, mop, and buff floors, vacuum floors daily, and shampoo carpets, clean baseboards, dust and/or wipe clean furniture, desk tops, table tops, cabinets, and other surfaces, such as ceiling fans, black/white boards, appliances, and fixtures.
- Strip, wax, and buff floors, as needed or scheduled.
- Clean bathroom fixtures and stock restrooms with soap, toilet tissue, and paper towels.
- Clean areas requiring special cleaning methods, by using specific cleansers, sterilizing equipment, and/or disposing of contaminated wastes.
- Assist in set-up of events and cleaning after events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
General Days/Hours: Shifts vary based on open position.
Other: This position is considered Essential Personnel and Candidate must have a valid driver's license.
Knowledge/Skills/Ability: Knowledge of basic cleaning techniques.
Knowledge of cleaning equipment operation and maintenance.
Ability to follow instructions and perform repetitive manual work.
Ability to use cleansers and other agents to clean floors and furniture.
Ability to use housekeeping cleaning supplies and equipment.
Ability to work independently without close supervision.
Ability to follow oral and/or written instructions.
Ability to perform multiple tasks and to prioritize assignments.
Ability to perform repetitive manual work.
Ability to do required lifting (up to 50 lbs.).
Minimum Qualifications: The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma. Must have valid driver's license.
OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
Arkansas State University is a public, multi-campus higher education system with enrollment in excess of 22,000 students. Approximately 14,000 students attend the Jonesboro campus where the student body is diverse. The campus has a renewed focus on international student recruitment and capital campaign development. Jonesboro has a population of approximately 67,000 and is located 70 miles northwest of Memphis (www.jonesborochamber.org).
EEO Statement: It is the policy of Arkansas State University to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons; to prohibit discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, national origin, status as a veteran or other status protected by law; and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive continuing program of affirmative action.