Individual is responsible for establishing technical cost for assigned components throughout program life (establishing piece cost and tooling investment targets, negotiation support for new business placement and cost analysis for design changes). Working from BOM, drawings and/or samples the individual must be able to develop technical cost for Interior components and systems using historical data, directional cost models, and ultimately activity based costing methodologies. Individual provides subject matter expertise (cost & process) to support engineering and purchasing at working levels and to executive leadership. Individual must have the ability to analyze supplier quotes and reach agreement on appropriate piece cost and tooling cost using activity based costing pertaining to the following commodities: steering columns, steering wheels, and instrument panel cross car beams. Individual must have understanding of elements of piece cost and investment for
various manufacturing processing typical for the production of assigned commodities.
- Bachelor Degree Required, Engineering or Materials and Logistics Management Preferred.
- MS Office proficient.
- Excellent communication skills (oral & written).
- 3 years total past experience with costing of OR design, development, release OR procurement of Interior components, OR combination thereof.
- Activity based costing experience required.
- Occasional day trips with possible overnight travel may be required; potential international travel.
- Strong negotiation, leadership, interpersonal & communication skills required.
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized to manage many programs and cost details Simultaneously.
"TEC Offers a terrific suite of benefits, including 100% company-paid BCBS health insurance"
TEC Group, Inc. is an Engineering and Manufacturing Staffing Company. We're the trusted source of excellent engineering talent for OEMs, Tier-one Suppliers, and Manufacturing clients. We're known for our integrity, and high service to our clients and employees alike. As an employee of TEC Group, Inc., you can receive affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance. We also offer direct deposit (weekly), accrued paid time off, and paid holidays.
Sat, 11 Mar 2017 11:50:05 PST