Associate/Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs & Title IX Coordinator (1091)
Appointment Date: Negotiable
Overview: Fort Hays State University seeks an Associate/Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs to serve as a member of the Student Affairs senior leadership team. As senior member of the Student Affairs Leadership Team, the AVP will provide leadership and vision in the development and administration of a vibrant campus life program that engages the entire campus community using nationally recognized best practices.
Duties: The AVP serves as a member of the Vice President of Student Affairs executive leadership team and is responsible for leadership and operations of the innovative student life cluster at FHSU. The position supervises five direct reports and a team that is responsible for the following functional areas: diversity affairs, first-year experience, Title IX, behavior intervention team, Clery reporting, fraternity and sorority life, international student services, student conduct, memorial union, residential life, student activities, student government, dining and bookstore contracts, and the tiger card. This is a full-time, unclassified, 12-month appointment, reporting directly to the Vice President for Student Affairs.
Education: Doctoral degree is highly preferred from an accredited university. Consideration will be given to ABD or candidates with significant progress toward Doctoral degree, depending on level of relevant experience.
Experience: The successful candidate will have valuable and significant experience in student life areas with demonstrated success and increased levels of responsibility and accountability.
- Significant senior-level management experience in student life areas.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across campus, as well as in the community.
- Lead and actively manage staff in the execution of goals by creating a supportive and collaborative environment for success and professional development.
- Formulate data-driven decisions for allocating staff and financial resources to achieve student life goals.
- Experience in budget development and fiscal management, including auxiliary services.
- Experience adjudicating academic and behavior misconduct cases.
- Experience with behavior intervention teams, Clery reporting, and Title IX.
- Possess and convey a positive, motivational and inspirational attitude to the student life cluster. Lead by example and maintain the division’s collaborative culture and work ethic by providing a caring and supportive environment.
- Evidence of sensitivity and a demonstrated commitment to a diverse university community that values inclusion.
- Develop a culture of evidence through various assessment initiatives for continuous quality improvement.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
Salary/Benefits: Commensurate with qualifications/ experience. Competitive benefits.
Position Opens: Review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Priority application deadline is April 14th. The anticipated start is June, 2017.
Application Procedure: Submit a letter of application, resume and the names and contact information of three (3) professional references via email to email@example.com, or mail to: AVP Student Affairs Search Committee, Office of Student Affairs, Fort Hays State University, 600 Park Street, Hays, KS 67601.
Notice of Non-discrimination – Fort Hays State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, color, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
Background Check: Final candidate will have consented to and successfully completed a criminal background check.
Notice to KPERS retirees applying for a position: Recent legislation changes working-after-retirement rules for both you and your employer if you go back to work for a KPERS employer. Please contact your KPERS representative or www.kpers.org for further information on how this might affect you.