University of Colorado School of Medicine
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Department of Pediatrics - Section of Cardiology
Position #  - Requisition # 
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.
The Department of Pediatrics Section of Cardiology has an opening for a full-time Instructor. Clinical care in Cardiac Genetics Clinic. The clinic is associated with Children's Hospital Colorado, but also serves the University of Colorado Hospital on the Anschutz Medical Campus.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Daily presence in cardiology clinic: 1 full day cardiac genetics clinic (Wednesday), Cardiomyopathy clinics Monday/Wednesday/Thursday and Friday, Electrophysiology clinics on Tuesday and Wednesdays. Other clinics will include once to twice monthly Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia Clinic (Vascular Malformations Clinic MDC). GC may also see patients in General Cardiology and Complex Congenital Heart Disease clinics at request of primary cardiologist. Estimate 4-7 patients on Wednesdays, and 1-2 patients M/Tu/Th/F.
- Eventually, many of the non-Cardiac Genetics Clinic patient visits may be consolidated into 1-2 days of an independent Genetic Counseling Clinic. This clinic will be run by GC, to evaluate for utility of genetic testing, arrange genetic testing and provide pre and post-test genetic counseling services in patients referred by primary cardiologist.
- Will be available for inpatient consults in collaboration with Cardiac Genetics, Advanced Heart Failure and Heart Transplant, and electrophysiology services. Estimate 2 inpatient consults per week.
- Attendance at Heart Transplant rounds. Evaluation of all transplant referrals- inpatient and outpatient. Estimate 2-3 evaluations per month.
- Master's degree in Genetics Counseling from an accredited genetic counseling training program is required.
- Must have ABGC certification or have active candidate status
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of principles of genetics.
- Mastery of literature review, use of genetics databases
- Must have very high organizational skills
- Knowledge of standard inpatient and outpatient clinical operations and procedures.
- Ability to develop and present educational information to patients as well as to professionals.
- Ability to provide genetic counseling, and technical information in a comprehensive, understandable, nondirective manner to patients and families.
- Ability to work independently as well as serving as a team member.
- Ability to gather data and prepare reports.
- Skilled in communication, both oral and written.
- Skilled in establishing priorities.
- Educational skills to various learners
- ABGC Board Certified with one year relevant experience
- Pediatric practice experience
- Experience in one or more specialty clinics
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is $64,500 and is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Questions should be directed to Bonnie.Bellairs@childrenscolorado.org
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 08724
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20873 - SOM-PEDS Stolinsky GenOps
Posting Date: Mar 10, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Bonnie Bellairs
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00732120