Sr. Accounting Analyst
Performs a variety of routine and some non-routine analysis functions in accordance with standard procedures in general accounting, accounts payable or accounts receivable or other financial department. Responsible for process improvements, standardizing and streamlining procedures, creating written desktop procedures, training, metrics for business units, research and correction of reconciliation discrepancies and special projects.
• Review and approve high complexity account reconciliations and ensure they accurately reflect the account's balance and also ensure that reconciling items are timely researched and appropriately corrected.
• Gather, prepare, analyze and present metrics or assigned reporting for supported business unit.
• Oversight and monitoring of the accounting close process; this includes performing month-end account analysis and reconciliations.
• Responsible for maintaining Sarbanes- Oxley internal control narratives and testing documentation for areas of responsibilities.
• Actively pursues process improvements and identifies what success looks like to the customer. On-going partnerships with customers to continuously improve service levels and to ensure needs are met.
• Oversight of AR/AP responsibilities for M&A activities such as system and process integrations.
• Make recommendations to maximize production efficiencies by assisting with implementation of standards and streamlining processes.
• Ability to conduct an insightful assessment of the internal and external business landscape with an awareness of financial implications or impact. Comprehends 'big picture impact.'
• Critical Thinking-Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Problem Solving-identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Demonstrates a conceptual understanding of accounting and finance principals and the ability to apply them to the duties described above.
• Strong computer skills including all applications in Microsoft Office.
• Excellent analytical, verbal and written skills.
• Ability to diagnose and analyze problems and identify and drive appropriate solutions.
• Experience facilitating meetings with high level cross functional teams.
• Experience with mainframe system, Oracle preferred.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Typically requires 4- 7 years of related experience.
Fri, 10 Mar 2017 18:17:03 PST