I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
The Corcoran School of the Arts and Design bridges the university's academically robust programs in the arts with Corcoran's creative and inspired scholarship. Part of the GW Columbian College of Arts and Sciences, the school functions as an incubator for artists and practitioners in arts-related fields, and serves to enrich students who are taking classes in other areas of the university. As such, it provides a platform for engagement that bridges creative expression and practical application with the breadth and depth of the larger liberal arts education.
This job exists to help create, execute and protect the brand identity of the new Corcoran School of the Arts and Design. Due to the history, complexity, and ongoing changes at the Corcoran School, this position will require a talented individual with comprehensive technical skills as well as a strong work ethic and clear vision for assisting the director in creating and maintaining a true institutional identity. The incumbent will perform a mostly collaborative role with other staff. May have ability to indirectly task general student support workers but will be primarily focused on working collaboratively with other departments and peer staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and execute the Corcoran School's online strategy - namely developing a brand for the school website and social media profiles and maintaining that brand with regular, accurate, and engaging posts.
- Coordinate staff and student efforts promoting key events, including but not limited to external banners for exhibitions, special invitations and advertisements for openings, and other outreach as needed.
- Create superior content for Corcoran School website, social media pages, printed collateral, and other communication outlays such as newsletters.
- Works with Corcoran senior staff and recruitment team to build enrollment through multiple marketing platforms that include digital and print advertising.
- Engage with community regularly at school-wide or public events such as student meetings, gallery openings, lectures and concerts. Ensure active and engaging promotion and coverage of school events.
- Liaise between Corcoran School and university Office of External Relations, Marketing and Creative Services, and Online Strategy.
Performs other work related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree (preferably in English, Social Sciences, Humanities.
- Relevant Master's Degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage social media platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to create, edit, monitor, and promote a wide range of content.
- Experience with Drupal Content Management.
- Demonstrated skill in developing printed or digital collateral including providing guidance and direction or executing video or other photography and design work.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom College/School/Department: Columbian College of Arts & Sciences (CCAS) Family Comm, Mktg & Media Sub-Family Online/Digital Marketing Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 1 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Mon-Fri, 8:30-4:30 Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search, Credit Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S006189 Job Open Date: 03/10/2017 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter