Executive Director, Adult Education
General Statement of Job
To direct the planning, effective implementation, and administration of the Austin Community College (ACC) Adult Education Program.
Location Highland Business Center Hours 40 hours/week as assigned. Primarily Monday through Friday with some evenings and weekends. Salary Salary Commensurate Upon Experience. FLSA Status Exempt Reports To Associate Vice President, Academic Transfer Programs Criminal Background Check Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- The community college philosophy and mission.
- Effective leadership and ethics techniques, including Servant-Leadership principles.
- Budget development and expense control.
- Supervisory principles, practices, and methods.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Project planning, development, and implementation.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Presenting information and summary reports internally and to the public.
- Handling multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
- Working in a collaborative manner with diverse constituencies.
- Working effectively with a diverse and multi-cultural student body and staff.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills, including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Providing leadership at all levels of the college.
- Planning, prioritizing, and problem-solving.
- Managing budgets and manpower needs.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
Required Work Experience
- Five years related work experience including managerial experience.
Preferred Work Experience
- Previous teaching experience in an adult education program.
- Master's degree. Experience cannot be substituted for required, applicable educational level.
- Work is performed in a standard office or similar environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
- Provide resources for safe operation of units. Create and support workplace safety.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.