Senior Identity Management Analyst
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
The Division of Information Technology (it.gwu.edu) is the chief provider of technology infrastructure, services and applications at GW. The Division partners with stakeholders across GW to equip students, staff and faculty with the technology know-how and tools necessary to achieve academic excellence.
The Senior Identity Management Analyst, reporting to the Manager, Identity and Access Management is responsible for the following:
- Contributes to user requirements gathering, verification, and testing sessions as directed and develops test scripts, performs tests according to these scripts, and documents the results. Works with users to define and critically evaluate production problems and suggest solutions. Take ownership for resolving the production issues.
- Partners with users to articulate business requirements. Oversees translation of user requirements into technical specifications to ensure that the requirements are met.
- Supporting and troubleshooting interactions of the university's Identity and Access Managment (IAM) systems and ancillary systems. Utilizes appropriate techniques and tools to identify and address problems and also coordinates with IDM development and operations, technical support, the help-desk, and users to identify and resolve problems.
- Providing daily support of IAM applications
- Acting as a team lead and/or project manager on specific projects.
- Providing training and/or knowledge transfer to junior staff and users as needed.
The incumbent will be based at Virginia Science & Technology Campus in Ashburn, VA but must be willing to travel occasionally to GW's Foggy Bottom campus in Washington, DC. The incumbent may perform other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 5 years of relevant professional experience. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
- Ability to translate user needs into requirements documents and design solution to meet the requirements. Prepare test cases and coordinate testing, implementation, and training for these requests with the technical team and other functional team members.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Identity and Access Management project lifecycle, with a strong preference for Microsoft Identity and Access Management tools is desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of principles, philosophies, and best practices for Identity and Access Management is required. Ability to identify and analyze complex problems as they relate to Identity and Access Management and proven ability to provide solutions is desirable.
- Ability to identify and recommend process changes or business practices for the purpose of streamlining business processes (internal and external) is desirable.
- Ability to quickly learn new product functionality and to effectively communicate that information to end-users and the impact of this information to the end-users' existing system usage.
- A demonstrated multitasking ability.
- Ability to work well individually and as a team member.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and work experience in a higher education institution is strongly desired.
- Experience as a project manager, team lead, or task lead.
- ITIL foundation certificate is desirable.
- Clear understanding and experience with formal software development lifecycle is strongly desirable.
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Ashburn College/School/Department: Division of IT Family Information Technology Sub-Family Identity Management Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 3 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday-Friday Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search, Credit Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S006186 Job Open Date: 03/10/2017 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your salary range expectation?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Does the professional experience section of your resume include months?
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter