Marketing Specialist - National Center for Supercomputing Applications (A1700139)
The National Center for Supercomputing Applications (NCSA) at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign provides supercomputing and advanced digital resources for the nation's science enterprise. At NCSA, University of Illinois faculty, staff, students, and collaborators from around the globe use advanced digital resources to address research grand challenges for the benefit of science and society. NCSA has been advancing one third of the Fortune 50 for more than 30 years by bringing industry, researchers and students together to solve grand challenges at rapid speed and scale.
NCSA is currently seeking a Marketing Specialist to enhance the marketing efforts of NCSA by developing strategic content and storytelling, identifying effective distribution methods, and coordinating public outreach and media relations efforts. This includes all aspects of internal and external communications transmitted via print, web, video, social, events, on-site demonstrations and other forms of media.
- Conduct market research about key audience requirements, habits and trends.
- Brainstorm and develop ideas for creative marketing campaigns in order to deliver targeted messages to key audiences and raise awareness of NCSA's services and impact on science.
- Lead internal and external marketing activities such as content development and distribution for websites, social media, and press releases for the purpose of marketing NCSA.
- Identify and develop relationships with key members of the media and secure media placement.
- Prepare public presentation materials for researchers and NCSA leadership.
- Support NCSA projects and researchers by creatively communicating the impact of scientific research.
- Craft strategic marketing and communications content including press releases, web, video, brochures, external signage, etc.
- Engage with the general public to raise awareness for NCSA's capabilities and impact by organizing and promoting NCSA-hosted events such as open houses, tours, and conferences.
Required Education & Training:
- B.A./B.S is required, in Marketing or other communications field. Alternative degree fields may be considered depending on nature and depth of experience as it relates to this position.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in marketing or communications
- Knowledge of current media communication technologies and how they apply to information distribution.
- Experience working in a science and/or technology driven organization.
- Experience working with researchers to communicate science impact.
This is a regular academic professional position at NCSA and is an annually renewable, 12/12, 100%-time appointment with regular University benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience and start date will be as soon as possible after the close date of the search. Applicants must possess required education and experience by start date of position. Interviews and hires may occur before the closing date; however, all applications received by the closing date will receive full consideration. For further information regarding our application procedures, you may visit http://www.ncsa.illinois.edu or email NCSA-HR@illinois.edu
To apply, please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter and CV/resume by the close date (3/24/17). Contact information for three references must be included on the application (letters maybe also be uploaded or sent to the contact below). For full consideration, candidates must complete the application process by the above date. The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
Illinois is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or criminal conviction history. Illinois welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. (www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu).
Organization Name: Supercomputing Applications
College Name or Administrative Unit: Vice Chancellor for Research
Category: Academic Professional
Open Date: 03/10/2017
Close Date: 03/24/2017