RESOURCE TECHNOLOGIST B/ C ASSAY DEVELOPMENT
Duties: The Gene Therapy Program (GTP) at the University of Pennsylvania is a complex R&D organization consisting of research laboratories supported by multiple core functions which provide internal capacity to perform gene transfer studies from basic research through phase 1 proof-of-concept human trials. GTP's Analytics Team is currently accepting applications for a Resource Technologist B/C position in the Assay Development Group The Resource Technologist B/C will develop and execute various characterization and lot release assays to assess the potency of viral-based vectors produced in the Gene Therapy Program in support of manufacturing as well as IND-enabling studies, Pharmacology/Toxicology and Clinical studies. The duties include design and development of potency assays and potentially work in conjunction with a Mass Spectrometry (MS) Scientist on the development of additional assays important for vector characterization. The Resource Technologist C will participate in SOP and BRF writing, training of QC personnel, assay qualification, and thorough documentation of all activities.
Position is contingent on continued funding.
Qualifications: Resource Technologist B: A Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, are required
Resource Technologist C: A Bachelor's degree and 5-7 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, are required.
* Tissue-culture experience preferred
* Experience in cell culture required.
* Expertise in ELISA, enzymatic, in-cell westerns and/or high content imaging assay development is strongly preferred
* Experience using GraphPad Prism and JMP is preferred but not required.
* Experience in PCR, qPCR and/or ddPCR, and Mass Spectrometry (MS) Scientist is preferred but not required
* Independent thinker, meticulous, detail-oriented, and analytical
* Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
* Excellent oral/written communication skills required
Reference Number: 40-25208
Salary Grade: 026
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: DM-Gene Therapy Program
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: I-Technical/Professional Research