full time position, subject to academic break layoff
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 03-10-2017
The primary purpose of the CMA is to assist the nursing staff and healthcare providers promote wellness in treating illness and promote an optimal level of function in accordance with accepted standards of nursing practice and the policies, procedures, and protocols of the Nursing Department and Student Health Service.
1. High school graduation or equivalent.
2. Possession of a current/valid certification** as a Certified Medical Assistant by an approved certifying board.
3. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
**accepted certifications include CMA, NCMA, CCMA, and RMA.
1. Must have technical-manual dexterity.
2. Knowledge of aseptic technique.
3. Legible and accurate clerical skills.
4. Good judgment, knowledge, and level of maturity.
5. Good communication skills.
6. Flexibility and ability to rotate among clinics.
7. Ability to perform all aspects of the CMA role in a judicious, systematic manner to decrease any chance of error.
8. Demonstration of an aptitude to work in college health setting.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.