COMPUTING INFRASTRUCTURE SERVICE LEAD
JOB NO.: 89986-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Categories: Computer Science, Event Planning, Program Coordination, Information Systems/Technology, Quality, Risk Management and Compliance, Other
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 89986-AS
Working Title: Computing Infrastructure Service Lead
Official Title: SR IS SPECIALIST(S45BN) or IS SPECIALIST(S45DN) or ASSOC IS SPECIALIST(S45FN)
Hiring Department: A064010-INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY/SEO/CAS
Anticipated Begin Date: MAY 07, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Advertised Salary: Minimum $60,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization: No degree required.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience: Required
* Knowledge of techniques used in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with customers, partners, vendors, sponsors/stakeholders, and technical/non-technical staff
* Experience collaborating with cross-functional technical teams to deliver Enterprise-class IT services to a varied customer constituency.
* Knowledge of the fundamentals of Enterprise Information Technology service management and delivery (i.e. operational support models, product development lifecycles, sponsor and stakeholder management, etc.).
* Project management experience (i.e. resource coordination, charter development, business requirements gathering, etc.).
* Effective oral and written communication skills including presentation and public speaking abilities.
* Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to lead technical and non-technical staff in team environment.
7 years of professional experience to be considered for Senior Level.
* Prior experience managing Enterprise IT services and/or service portfolios.
* Prior experience working with server virtualization technologies (e.g. VMware Vsphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix Xen Server, etc.)
* Prior experience working with converged server infrastructure (e.g. Dell ASM, Cisco USC, IBM VersaStack, etc.)
* Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Certification.
* Lean Six Sigma Certification or equivalent process improvement coursework or experience.
* Financial and resource management experience.
Position Summary: The Division of Information Technology (DoIT) provides information technology services to UW-Madison, all UW campuses, and the UW System and other agencies, employing approximately 900 people and operating with a budget of over $100 million. This position is located within Systems Engineering and Operations.
Customer Application Services is responsible for providing service management, leadership, and delivery of Enterprise IT Services to the UW-Madison campus. The Computing Infrastructure Service Lead has overall accountability for defining the service(s), ensuring services are delivered in accordance with agreed upon business requirements, and managing the service(s) lifecycle. Leadership specific to the Computing Infrastructure portfolio will include the following technical services delivered to the UW-Madison Campus: Converged Infrastructure (Virtual Server Hosting and Block Storage), Departmental and Enterprise Server Hosting.
Additional Information: Please note-DoIT is not able to provide sponsorship for this position
Contact: Vickie Arneson
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )
Instructions to applicants: To apply for this position you will need to upload a cover letter and resume. Please outline in your cover letter how your experience meets the required qualifications of the position.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 10 Mar 2017 Central Standard Time
Application Close: 12 Apr 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time