Senior Systems Security Administrator, (PSS1)-AFT
Reporting to the Director of Network and Security Operations, the Senior Systems Security Administrator serves as a technical security lead on Network and System Services projects and implementations.
Develops, evaluates and manages system security and security controls across the Enterprise. Areas of concentration include, but are not limited to: Two-factor authentication, Web Application Firewalls, Security Information and Event Management solutions (SIEM) oversight, surveillance system administration and maintenance, and vulnerability management. Knowledge of intrusion detection, security system scanning, and network and Web application based vulnerability scanning is desired as well.
Requires a high level of technical expertise in systems administration and industry standard security tools, combined with knowledge of security practices and procedures.
● Development and implementation of a comprehensive Two-Factor Authentication infrastructure based on the Duo platform
● Development and implementation of a comprehensive Web Application Firewall strategy based on the Citrix NetScaler platform
● Enterprise McAfee EPO administration to include the entire McAfee Endpoint Protection suite
● Enterprise ExacQ surveillance system deployment and administration
● Enterprise Vulnerability Scanning using the Tenable SecurityCenter suite of products
● Development and implementation of the McAfee Security Information and Event Management platform
● Monitor, identify, investigate, and resolve issues related to security breaches, unauthorized access, or potential security risks
● Assists in the development and implementation of policies and procedures with a focus on security
All applicants must have the following qualifications:
● Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent education. Years of experience may be substituted for education on a year by year basis
● Four (4) years of experience with industry standard security tools such as Nessus, Snort, nmap, etc
● Understanding of industry best practices surrounding proper maintenance and support of an environment requiring 24x7 availability
● Strong analytical problem solving skills
● Ability to quickly grasp technical issues and offer solutions
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Professional business demeanor
● Excellent oral and written communications skills for communicating to Application owners, management, Internal Audit, user community, and security violators
● Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
● Ability to multi-task
● Extensive knowledge of deploying and managing Duo two factor authentication or equivalent
● Extensive knowledge of deploying and managing Citrix Netscaler
● Extensive knowledge of deploying and managing McAfee ePO infrastructure and associated McAfee products
● Extensive knowledge of intrusion detection, security system scanning, password auditing, network based and Web application based vulnerability scanning
● Extensive knowledge of deploying and managing ExacQ surveillance platform
● Extensive knowledge of deploying and managing McAfee SIEM
● Extensive knowledge of Splunk administration and maintenance
● Extensive knowledge of the Tenable suite of security tools
● Extensive knowledge of industry best practices surrounding system hardening, such as CIS, STIG, etc
● Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP), GIAC Security Engineer (GSEC), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Certified Intrusion Detection Analyst (GCIA), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or similar industry certifications.
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment. All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.