Executive Director of Regional Outreach & Innovation
The Executive Director of Regional Outreach & Innovation (ROI) is a position that requires an action-oriented, proactive problem-solver that thrives on achieving tangible results. The primary leadership scope for the position is to strategically guide the entrepreneurial results of the University in multiple regional markets. The strategic objective of the position is to increase enrollment in the online and community-college transfer arena by double-digit percentages every year in Oregon, bordering states, and beyond, as well as to work interactively to establish collaborative partnerships with business, government, and other educational entities that enable the colleges to create relevant curriculum and internship opportunities for students in the region. Leadership capabilities in environments that call for goal achievement while maintaining a thoughtful and respectful climate are required. There is an expectation of travel to bordering states as well as routine travel within Oregon to EOU Regional Centers in order to meet with education and business partners, assess local educational needs, and support staff development, recruitment, and advising initiatives. The Executive Director of ROI is a member of the EOU Deans’ Council and reports to the Provost and Sr. Vice President for Academic Affairs.
The expectations for the position include demonstrated evidence of success in the following core competencies:
• Communication – Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
• Building Strategic Working Relationships – Developing and using collaborative internal and external relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of goals.
• Self-Direction and Professionalism in the conduct of responsibilities and in building relationships.
• Strategic Decision Making – Obtaining information and identifying key issues and relationships relevant to long-range goal or vision; committing to a course of action to accomplish a long-range goal or vision after developing alternatives based on logical assumptions, facts, available resources, constraints, and organizational values.
• Formulating and Implementing Strategy – Using knowledge of higher education and broad business background to design and effectively implement a course of action for achieving the organization’s vision and aligning people within the organization to carry out that plan.
• Management of Results – Achieving targeted results through the effective use of capital, processes, and human capabilities.
• Organizational Awareness – Having and using knowledge of systems, situations, pressures, and culture inside the organization to identify potential organizational challenges and opportunities; perceiving the impact and the implications of decisions on other components of the organization.
• Coaching – Providing timely guidance and feedback to help Regional Center Directors and staff strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.