Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The Administrative Assistant reports to and supports the Department Chair in facilitating the day-to-day operations in the department. The Admin Asst serves as a representative of Azusa Pacific University, creating a welcoming and professional environment for faculty and students in the department. S/he provides administrative services to the department chair, and to the full-time faculty, and adjunct faculty. The Admin Asst also communicates and coordinates the department programs, records, and events with other University offices under the direction of the department chair.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Three years administrative experience in a business or educational setting.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Act as confidential assistant to the chair of the ECS department. Coordinate calendar and meetings. Attend meetings; prepare and distribute minutes.
- Provide administrative support to faculty, including liaison support for organizations and events.
- Communicate student program changes and necessary forms with the registrar and admissions offices.
- Assist the department chair in course scheduling for full-time and adjunct faculty and interface with the registrar's office for Fall, Spring, and Summer classes. Assist in submission of final course schedule registrar's /dean's offices by assigned deadline.
- Prepare purchase orders and coordinate expense reimbursements.
- Assist in adjunct faculty hiring process and preparation of contracts.
- Process all Professional Services contracts.
- Assign academic advisers to ECS students.
- Coordinate and facilitate the mid-semester academic advising process
- Maintain up-to-date files for majors and minors for the ECS degree programs.
- Prepare overload and workload forms for faculty.
- Collect and maintain data for all ECE degree program for all semesters.
- Collect, maintain, and input syllabi and other documents required for program review.
- Coordinate hiring and training student workers. Supervise these workers to provide excellent support to the department.
- Coordinate, facilitate and implement department events such as professional conferences, graduation receptions, senior banquets, recruiter visits, etc.
- Coordinate updates of the website, and university catalog.
- Coordinate communication of ECS events with faculty, students, and alumni.
- Assist faculty in using emerging educational and software technologies provided at APU.
- Maintain day to day office operations, including ordering and maintenance of office supplies.
- Be responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
- Practice regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Perform other administrative support duties assigned by the department chair.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.