Admin Analyst/Spclst 12 Mo
Admin Analyst/Spclst 12 Mo
Job ID: 101978
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 1038
Job Grade: Exempt I
Salary and Hours DEPARTMENT HIRING RANGE: $3,897- $6,326
WORK SCHEDULE: M-F 8:00AM -5:00PM Job Summary The Administrative Analyst/Specialist (AA/S) for the Office of Executive and Professional Programs is responsible for the smooth and efficient operation of the Office and serves as the administrative assistant to the Executive Director in the College of Business Administration (EPP in CBA). The AA/S is responsible for the functional oversight of the EPP Office, including the hiring, training, and supervision of student assistant(s). The AA/S is responsible for budget management in the EPP Office, academic support to executive and professional programs, social/promotional/professional activities, creation and development of EPP community (through networking events, white-water rafting trips and social events), and collection and analysis of data to enable college ranking. The AA/S will develop and implement assessment activities for overall Program improvement. The AA/S is the liaison and main contact person for specialized associations for graduate programs, overseas academic programs, CCE, OGS, and other offices on campus related to CBA Executive and Professional Programs. The AA/S will develop and coordinate all logistical support including the admission process for overseas academic programs, international MBA on campus, and similar programs in the future, as assigned by EPP and their corresponding Program Directors. The AA/S is responsible for assisting students with problems in enrolling in courses and works closely with the EPP, the EPP Student Advisor, and faculty in managing course enrollments during enrollment periods. The position requires the ability to review academic records to determine if graduate students have fulfilled requirements for their academic and class requests. The AA/S will coordinate and provide leadership on EPP student services and the OEMBA. The AA/S will plan and organize events to bring together the alumni and their respective programs. The AA/S will coordinate and assist with IMBA recruitment activities (advertising and promotion, media management, information sessions, outreach, orientation). Benefits/FLSA This position is covered by health benefits, and is exempt, (not eligible for overtime compensation) according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
For more information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the California State University visit:
http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/benefits/benefitsprograms.html Minimum Qualifications Entry to this classification requires general knowledge and skills in the applicable administrative and/or program field with a foundational knowledge of public administration principles, practices, and methods. This foundation would normally be obtained through a bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs. Required Qualifications Experience
1. Experience working in a student services setting coordinating and supporting academic programs.
2. Experience paying invoices, reconciling accounts and creating expense reports.
3. Experience with developing, administering, and analyzing surveys and their results to different stakeholder groups.
4. Experience with supervision and/or lead work direction
5. Experience serving as the office point of contact and coordinating and overseeing the administrative office functions.
6. Experience working with diverse groups.
7. Experience with exercising diplomacy and tact in interpersonal relationships.
8. Experience with providing administrative assistance to director level or comparable positions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
9. Proficiency with MS Office, using word processing, spreadsheet and relational databases to complete forms or documents utilizing proper format and style.
10. Demonstrated data analysis skills using MS Access and Excel.
11. Working knowledge of web based programs and software.
12. Excellent writing and speaking skills.
13. Good interpersonal skills and ability to represent office to off campus constituencies.
14. Ability to manage relationships with external stakeholders such as employers.
15. Ability to understand comprehensive and detailed knowledge of the University and College of Business Administration (CBA) policies and procedures pertaining to student affairs.
16. Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures independently and use judgment and discretion to act when precedents do not exist.
17. Ability to analyze operational procedural problems and develop, recommends, and evaluates proposed solutions.
18. Ability to effectively and professionally write and present reports.
19. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
20. Organizational skills; Skilled in allocating time and directing the activities of staff and student assistant(s) so that responsibilities and deadlines are met.
21. Ability to understand accounting procedures and budgetary requirements of the university and college.
22. Ability to coordinate, organize and facilitate professional meetings and social events including announcements, attendant tracking, facility management, minutes taking, and follow up.
23. Aptitude to run the office independently including acquiring supplies, budget management, problem solving, and handling faculty and student personnel issues.
24. Ability to generate promotion materials such as fliers, brochures, and supporting materials for webinars using computer software. Preferred Qualifications 26. Bachelor's Degree.
27. Experience with Unviersity academic and computing environments, e.g., Financials, Human Resources, Student Administration, Common Management System.
28. Experience with reviewing student academic records and relating them to course requirements.
29. Experience with international program development and maintenance.
30. Working knowledge of University reporting policies and procedures.
31. Working knowledge of social and professional networking sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook, etc. License/Certification Valid driver's license and maintenance of good driving record, for occasional driving per the essential functions of the position. Eligibility Verification Candidate selected will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. Background Check A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position. Conflict of Interest The duties of this position include participation in decisions that may have a material financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, the selected candidate will be required to file Conflict of Interest Form 700: Statement of Economic Interest when they first occupy the position, and on an annual basis, complete ethics training within 6 months of appointment, and attend this training every other year thereafter. Child Abuse and Neglect Report The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in the California State University Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. Equal Employment Opportunity California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
It is the policy of California State University, Sacramento to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/index.html
The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/Information%20for%20Job%20Applicants.html
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification. For additional information, visit http://www.csus.edu/aba/police/ Hiring Preference Eligible on-campus applicants in California State University Employees Union (CSUEU) Bargaining Units 2, 5, 7, and 9 will be given first consideration in this recruitment. Application Deadline Applications received by 11:59 pm March 23rd will be given priority consideration and review will continue until the position is filled. How To Apply Applications are only accepted through the California State University, Sacramento jobs webpage located at http://www.csus.edu/about/employment/. Once there, applicants can also click on the instructions link to see how to apply. External applicants can apply by clicking on the Staff and Management Opportunities at California State University, Sacramento link. Internal applicants can apply by logging on My Sac State.
Please note: Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of application.
Applicants must attach the following materials to the on-line application:
1. Cover Letter
2. Current Vita/Resume
3. Three (3) references who can speak to a broad range of candidate¿s professional qualifications (including name, title, and telephone number).
For questions regarding this search, contact:
To apply, visit: http://www.csus.edu/about/employment/