Sr Accountant/Accounting Manager
The Senior Accountant/Accounting Manager is responsible for managing daily accounting functions including billing, accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger responsibilities as assigned by the Controller. This position will be responsible for daily, weekly and monthly accounting tasks and activities; will supervise a small accounting staff in a highly complex business model, utilizing detailed industry software. Qualified candidates must be systems oriented, and have the ability and eagerness to learn every aspect of a newly converted software program.
This position ensures all accounting cutoffs are maintained and accuracy is achieved by the accounting staff. It is essential for the accounting manager to be able to manage in a multiple system, high transaction volume, and fast-paced environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
Apply a thorough understanding of the accounting process
Ensure an accurate and timely monthly and year end close
Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information
Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy
Interface with other departments to verify transaction report data and issues
Advise staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions
Work with the retained CPA firm to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit
Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department
Provide training to new and existing staff as needed
Work with direct reports to establish performance goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance or Business Management with an emphasis in Accounting required.
- Three to Five years' prior supervisory experience in addition to hands-on accounting system experience.
- Must have advanced knowledge/experience with Microsoft Excel and be familiar with SQL tables.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
SUBMIT RESUME WITH SALARY HISTORY
Thu, 9 Mar 2017 07:08:47 PST