Technical Support Specialist
The Technical Support Specialist offers front-line technical support for the web and email filtering products. This will include direct phone, email, and chat contact with prospects, customers, and/ or resellers.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Trouble-shoot software, hardware, and network issues for iPrism, ePrism, and liveprism web/email filtering service.
• Record activity in the corporate CRM database and follow-up in a timely manner to analyze and resolve issues.
• Handle inquiries regarding setup and configuration, authentication, and general networking issues.
• Project a proactive customer service attitude with a professional demeanor.
• Produce spam and virus rules to categorize email messages based on analytical review.
• Other duties as required.
Requirements and Experience
• Associate degree in relevant technical field and/or equivalent experience.
• 1+ year experience with TCP/IP network engineering/ system administration experience or equivalent support experience required.
• Strong customer service and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to handle a significant call load while maintaining outstanding customer satisfaction.
• Team Player with capability to work both independently and collaboratively.
• Knowledge of TCP/IP and Internet protocols including WAN, routing, DNS, and HTTP.
• Solid experience with network hardware including switches, hubs, routers, firewalls, and load balancers.
• Previous administration experience with Exchange Server, DNS, LDAP, and strong hands-on system administration/ network administration with UNIX operating systems.
• Hands-on System Administration/Network Administration experience with Windows 2003/2008 and XP/Windows 7 Operating systems.
• Familiarity with SQL database schemas, administrative interface for HTTP browsers, and NTLM/Kerberos single sign are all a plus.
• Experiences with Linux, UNIX, Windows, and Novell operating system are a plus.
• Knowledge of regular expressions and some experience in scripting language: perl, python, php or java are a plus.
• Cisco (CCNA) or Microsoft (MCSA) certifications highly desirable.
EdgeWave is an innovative leader in the Cyber Security industry which is recognized as one of the fastest growing sectors in the technology marketplace. Established in 1995, we deliver effective and efficient security solutions across the full spectrum of business organizations. EdgeWave combines real-time human and artificial intelligence to anticipate, identify, and defend against the most sophisticated cyber adversaries. Receiving multiple industry awards in 2016 and 2015 including Network Products Guide, Info Security Products Guide, and Cyber Defense Magazine 'Best' Awards for ePrism Email Security and for iPrism Web Gateway, EdgeWave employees are rapidly shaping the future of cyber security.
EdgeWave offers a creative and challenging work environment and a great environment for career growth. Put your career on the leading edge, and bring your talents to a much sought after high growth opportunity in technology, EdgeWave!
EdgeWave is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse work team (EEO/AA).
La Jolla, CA
Thu, 9 Mar 2017 16:20:18 PST