Ingram's, a nationally recognized business magazine in Kansas City with a readership of 100,000, is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic, detail-oriented data manager to lead its data collection and management efforts for its online and print publications and products. The data manager will work the editorial team to improve data-collection workflow and maintain data quality and will manage support staff in the data/research department.
Review existing data-collection and management protocols, and develop a revamped system to ensure timely, accurate collection of data.
• Work with Web developers to complete and launch an online data tool for customers.
• Oversee and maintain Ingram's databases of corporations, businesses and organizations for its large digital database, publications and products.
• Monitor and track the publication's online trends, and optimize content strategies for print and online in response to analytics.
• 5+ years in database management, data science, or related fields in a media setting.
• Bachelor's degree in management information systems or computer science required. Advanced degree preferred.
Journalism candidates with a strong data-journalism background will be considered as well.
• Programming experience with Python, PHP, or similar language required.
• Experience working with Web developers and content teams to build online databases.
Ingram's Magazine is Kansas City premier business publication and has been for the past 40 years. With more than 105,000 influential and affluent monthly readers and 25,000 additional readers of Ingram's Quarterly Reports and reprint sections, Ingram's Magazine has earned the respect of top executives in the Kansas City area, as well as one of the highest readership profiles of any business magazine, business journal or daily newspaper in North America.
Aside from regular reporting, Ingram's features prestigious monthly specials highlighting some of Kansas City's top business people, including 40 Under Forty, 20 in Their Twenties, Corporate Report 100 and Industry Outlook.
Kansas City, MO
Thu, 9 Mar 2017 15:35:14 PST