Moulding Technical Supervisor (Engineer/Technical Specialist ISBM)
With direction from the Plant Manager, the position is accountable for safety, quality, productivity, , cost performance, and employee relations for assigned department. Job requires efficient use of resources (labor, materials, and equipment) to manufacture quality products at lowest possible cost. Supervise and coordinate the activities of hourly technical employees. Position is responsible for implementing and maintaining best manufacturing practices and regulatory compliance.
- Must follow Division and Plant safety rules and demonstrate leadership in establishing and following Safe Work Procedures.
- Participate in safety audits of new and existing secondary equipment.
- Plastics experience in Injection stretch blow moulding and extrusion blow moulding
- Familiar with hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical system operation and troubleshooting
- Hands on equipment and mould maintenance and troubleshooting
- Mould management/tooling PM program maintenance and administration
- Ability to inspect, rebuild, troubleshoot injection moulding manifolds, hot runners, moulds, etc.
- Possess sound troubleshooting skills and technical aptitude in order to conduct systematic analysis of tooling, processes, and machines to solve existing problems or implement a new process
- Experience with industrial extrusion and injection blow moulding machines and upstream/downstream equipment
- Experience and ability to proficiently utilize PM, quality and production software
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings for products and equipment utilized in the Plant
- Provide guidance to the Maintenance department to modify and customize the PM plan for plant equipment. Follow up with PM to evaluate effectiveness to plan and any additional follow up actions including increased training of PM staff, modification of PM plan and/or additional PM follow up to ensure smooth operation of equipment.
- Provide high level weekly reports to Plant Manager on the status of activity/projects
- Work with Management to assist in new process development and Plant Productivity initiatives.
- Work with Shift Mechanics to improve efficiency of existing processes.
- Understand Quality system and be able to interpret data as it relates to molding process
- Be responsible for accurate and thorough documentation and data communication.
- Participate in new mold inspection, installation, and setup
- Assist in documentation of mold assembly and set up procedures
- Work with outside Machine shops in coordination of repair work as needed
- Managing the mold Preventative Maintenance program.
- 5+ years of hands-on practical experience preferred.
- Engineering diploma/degree preferred. Minimum 2-year technical degree required
Sonoco is committed to fair and accessible employment recruiting practices that attract and retain employees with disabilities. This includes providing accessibility at all stages of the employment cycle.
Sonoco is an approximately $5 billion global manufacturer of consumer packaging, industrial products and protective packaging provider of packaging services for many of the world's best-known brands. Sonoco employs approximately 20,000 individuals, and has 347 operations worldwide. Founded in 1899 on the belief that People Build Businesses, we value our people and are committed to giving them every opportunity to use their talent and skills to grow themselves, their careers and our Company. We offer world-class benefits, value people and teamwork, celebrate challenges, reward success, are committed to employee satisfaction and work/life balance, and are recognized worldwide for our commitment to growing future leaders.
Thu, 9 Mar 2017 10:00:40 PST