Director, Enrollment Communications
Director, Enrollment Communications
University of San Francisco
The Director of Enrollment Communications, reporting to the Vice Provost for Strategic Enrollment Management, is responsible for providing strategic communications counsel, management of SEM communication and social media efforts, and consistency of messaging and effort across SEM's many communication platforms and initiatives. The Director is someone with broad skills who can lead and manage the communication strategy for recruitment, enrollment, and retention through initiatives that are contemporary, on brand message, relevant, and serve to provide greater visibility of USF to prospective students at both the undergraduate and graduate levels for traditional, transfer, and branch programs. Communication responsibility also extends to current students with regards to financial services, student accounts, registration, and graduation. The Director of Strategic Enrollment Communications ensures that USF uses the most contemporary and effective approaches to reach prospective students and coordinates innovative communications initiatives through a variety of media including print, web, email, and social media.
• Oversees all enrollment communications from the University to prospective student audiences and with current students regarding student accounts, financial aid, registration, and graduation.
• Directs the development of creative communications for engaging prospects, applicants, and current students in alignment with the USF brand and communication strategies.
• Oversees the day-to-day operation of the Strategic Enrollment Management communications unit.
• Works with the AVP and the Office of Marketing Communications to develop the overall communications strategy for the Division that includes but is not limited to print, email, web content, social media, presentations, etc.
• Serves as liaison to the University’s Office of Marketing Communications for the design, development and production of print and electronic communications related to recruitment and enrollment.
• Creates, organizes, and schedules communication plans in collaboration with directors of the division to ensure communication plans are devised to manage short- and long-term goals along with maintaining a schedule of necessary daily updates.
• Leads the SEM Communications team and is a member of the SEM/OMC Strategic Communications team.
• Ensures consistent and thoughtful messaging across all student populations and outside entities (I.e., high school counselors, community college counselors, alumni admissions volunteers, international agencies, etc.) and develops strategies for the university to incorporate communication to prospective and current students.
• Evaluates, develops, and coordinates with the Director of Undergraduate Admission the design and production of print and electronic communications related to recruitment, travel, campus visits, and event program communications.
• Writes, edits, and produces internal communications, campaigns, publications, and advertisement in marketing the division to the university community.
• Manages the communication aspects required by external admissions vendors.
• Develops new content by conducting interviews with current students, faculty, coaches, and others for use in communications, web content, and new media initiatives.
• Develops and implements the means to determine the effectiveness of different recruitment messages and means of communication. Evaluates response rates and overall success of enrollment communications initiatives.
• Examines best practices and strategies of competitors.
• Remains current with higher education marketing trends and developments.
• Ensures effective ROI on initiatives.
• Maintains production within budget.
• Ensures timely and accurate production and execution of all communication including but not limited to data integrity and production schedules.
• Ensures adequate inventory of marketing and enrollment collateral.
• Associate Director, Strategic Enrollment Communication
• Web developer, SEM
• Bachelor’s degree, with Masters preferred, with minimum of 5 years of experience in communications, preferably in higher education or related field
• Demonstrated outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Demonstrated success in developing publications, professional writing, editing, and proofreading.
• Proven analytical and creative ability to address targeted messages to a variety of audiences.
• Strong project management and organizational skills, including ability to set priorities, manage simultaneous projects, and complete projects on time.
• Experience in using social media marketing tools to build brand awareness and a demonstrated interest in keeping abreast of new technologies with a firm understanding of web technologies, applications and analytics, including social networking, social media tools, and current communication trends (including video and mobile).
• Extensive experience developing comprehensive communication flows.
• Familiarity with technologies including online admission and client relationship management systems.
• Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of people and in a fast-paced environment.
• Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
For information on how to apply, please visit the following link: www.usfjobs.com
The University of San Francisco is an equal opportunity institution of higher education. As a matter of policy, the University does not discriminate in employment, educational services and academic programs on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age (except minors), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related and genetic-related) and disability, and the other bases prohibited by law. The University reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities under the law.