Engineering Soil Technician II
Leighton is a southern California based engineering firm headquartered in Irvine. We are seeking an Engineering Soil Technician II in our Santa Clarita office.
The successful candidate should be thoroughly knowledgeable with standard soil and concrete test methods performed by a field technician. The candidate must also be able to read and understand plans and specifications, keep an organized field file containing field and laboratory data, reports, letters, and other pertinent field documentation, and be able to communicate clearly with the Project Manager regarding all aspects of the field operations, including bringing on-site issues to the Project Manager's attention. The candidate should also be able to communicate clearly with the on-site client representative, the construction manager and/or inspector, and the contractor with regard to the soil or concrete requirements for the project.
Your responsibilities include:
• The recommendations of the soils engineer, as described in the geotechnical reports are implemented by the earthwork contractor
• Confirmation of adherence to current regulatory agency's grading ordinances and building codes
• Be attentive to detail and concentrate efforts on learning technical skills
• Keep up-to-date on a daily basis, all current projects via project managers and other technicians
• Prepare and Review all field paperwork, maps and test sheets and submit them daily/weekly
• Communicate on a daily basis to the direct supervisor and project manager of each project, all progress and any special situations or problems
• City of Los Angeles Soils Deputy Grading Inspector certifications: Soils Technician and Soils Grading
• American Concrete Institute (CI) Concrete Field Testing Technician - Grade 1 certification
• Caltrans Certifications: CTM 125, 231, 375, 504, 518, 523, 533, 539 and 540
• 40 Hour Hazwoper Training
• High School Diploma, GED, 4-year college degree in Earth Science or Engineering is a plus
• The successful candidate should have 3-5 years of soil and concrete testing experience or equivalent
• Must be able to life 50 pounds regularly
• Must have strong communications skills and be computer savvy - Word and Excel
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret design plans for projects and project instructions
• Ability to write daily reports
• Moisture Density Gauge qualified and certified (required)
• Must have your own vehicle to be able to go off road on undeveloped property
• Must have a valid driver's license and a good driving record.
We are a growing company. We have a great team and work environment - be a part of our success !
For more information and to apply for the position please visit our website www.leightongroup.com/open-positions/
Santa Clarita, CA
Thu, 9 Mar 2017 14:09:22 PST