F/T Faculty: Medical/Surgical Nursing-reposted
Department: Nurse Education Department
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: Mar 09, '17
Ref No.: FAC
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at three satellite locations in the Greater Boston area. Recently re-certified as a Leader College by Achieving the Dream, BHCC is part of the Massachusetts public higher education system, which includes 15 community colleges. Founded in 1973, BHCC is the largest community college in Massachusetts, serving more than 14,000 students each semester across all modes of instruction. The College offers more than 100 certificate and degree programs that prepare students to enter four-year institutions or to enter the workforce prepared for better and more highly skilled jobs. Sixty-seven percent of students are people of color and more than 50 percent are women.
We are looking for individuals aligned with our institutional values of access and success, excellence and innovation, economic and social justice, inclusiveness and equity, civic engagement and service, kindness and respect, and accountability and transparency. Individuals with a dedication to a dynamic educational environment, investment in the social and economic well-being of all, and belief in student-centered learning in an engaging, supportive environment are sought to fill the following position.
Living in Boston
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America. Twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offer more than 600,000 residents the opportunity to taste, touch, and experience things from all over the world. Neighbors benefit from exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, and a solid network of parks, community centers, and libraries. For more information about Boston go to: http://www.cityofboston.gov/residents.
Primarily responsible for instructional preparation and teaching of nursing courses offered at the Associate Degree level in the classroom, clinical, and laboratory settings consistent with the philosophy and conceptual framework of the Nurse Education Department and Bunker Hill Community College.
- Teach Medical/Surgical Nursing, including, nursing process, critical thinking, pharmacology, therapeutic communications, priority setting and delegation.
- Provide clinical instruction to nursing students in Medical/Surgical Nursing
- Evaluate student performance in the classroom and clinical setting.
- Utilize a variety of appropriate teaching strategies to promote students' critical thinking and understanding including learning communities.
- Develop instructional material consistent with course objectives.
- Participate in determining appropriate goals and objectives of nursing course and assist in developing course standards.
- Use new simulations and computer technologies in the classroom.
- Refer students to the College's support resources and services, including tutoring as needed.
- Actively participate in on-going professional development.
- Maintain expertise and currency in the area of teaching responsibility.
- Comply with the duties as stipulated in the Massachusetts Community College Council Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Minimum of a Master's degree in Nursing and current licensure or eligibility to practice as a Registered Nurse in good standing in Massachusetts
- Minimum of five years full-time experience in Nursing or its equivalent within the last eight years
- Proven ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student population
- Two years full time teaching experience in a registered nurse program preferred, with background sufficient to teach theoretical and clinical content in medical surgical nursing
- Community college teaching experience preferred
Salary Range: $60,000.00-$64,000.00. Actual Salary Will Be Commensurate With Education and Experience in Accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Full state Benefits.
Effective Date: Fall semester. To Ensure Consideration Application Materials Must Be Received By March 23, 2017.
Submit a Cover Letter Addressing the Required Qualifications, Resume and Contact Information for 3 References through the URL: www.bhcc.mass.edu/employment. Please make sure you fill out the online application. Fax transcript files over 2MB's to (617)-228-3328.