IT Junior Analyst
IT Junior Analyst:
The IT Analyst role is comprised of two principal functions: Systems Administration and Desktop Support.
The IT Analyst is responsible for effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the systems infrastructure. This individual coordinates with external service providers to ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff and technology partners.
This individual is accountable for the following system components:
1. Servers Infrastructure: Application, Domain, Virtual Machine, Web, Database, FTP
2. Firewall: Dell Sonic Wall
3. Switches: Netgear ProSafe
4. Wireless: Arubas
5. Telephony: Polycom endpoints. Platform outsourced to 3rd party.
6. Desktop/Laptops: Developer and Non-Developer work stations
SA Engineering and Provisioning
• Work with hardware and software vendors to verify timely product delivery and ensure that new equipment is installed and ready to operate on schedule
• Analyze and make recommendations for hardware and software standardization
• Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and operational requirements.
• Install and configure systems such as supports infrastructure applications
• Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
• Contribute to and maintain system standards.
Operations and Support
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
• Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
• Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
• Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
• Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
• Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted stakeholders.
• Configure, deploy, maintain, troubleshoot and support computer workstations, laptops, printers, mobile devices, phones and other computer and telecommunications equipment.
• Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers and administrative systems.
• Create policies and procedures and then apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
• Maintain inventory of installed software and manage software licensing.
• Upgrade and configure system software that supports GIS infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs
• Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
• Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
• Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science.
• Two to four years system administration and/or desktop support experience within large corporate environment
• Desired: Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Unix and Microsoft (MSP).
RESPONSIBILITY/OVERSIGHT - FINANCIAL & SUPERVISORY:
• Functions as a lead worker doing the work similar to those in the work unit; responsibility for training, instruction, setting the work pace, and possibly evaluating performance.
• No budget responsibility.
Mobility - Be willing to take on a new position at your current company or accept additional responsibilities when asked.
• Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues. May resolve problems within established practices.
• Regular and consistent updating of issues and requests using Jira ticket management system.
• Provides occasional guidance, some of which is technical.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT:
• Responsibilities will, sometimes but rarely, require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
• No regular travel required.
An innovative leader in commerce technology, Precision Design Studios (PDS) offers an extensive range of products and services to support retailers in fully leveraging their commerce platform. We work in partnership with our clients to achieve their commerce goals, delivering a seamless and engaging multi-device experience across all channels.
Sun, 5 Mar 2017 07:32:17 PST