Midway University invites applications for the position of Registrar. Reporting to the Vice President for Academic Affairs, and working closely with faculty and staff from all areas of the University, the Registrar will have a significant impact on how we support students, and move the University forward in improving efficiency and effectiveness.
- Manage all operations of the staff, especially in providing leadership and training for continuous improvement of services.
- Develop and implement registration policies and processes in line with changes to academic and enrollment management policies. Identify best practices related to the areas of academic records and registration.
- Accept responsibility and accountability for the integrity, security and privacy of student records.
- Ensure proper management of course scheduling, registration, grading and certification of degree candidates, as well as preparation of the master course schedules and final exam schedules.
- Serve as steward of all student academic records for the University.
- Provide FERPA expertise and oversight of FERPA policies and practices.
- Manage grades (changes, incompletes, grade delays) and ensure they are submitted by faculty by the appropriate deadline
- Prepare, for approval, the University’s academic calendars
- Interface with Admissions, Financial Aid and Student Accounts to ensure the University's compliance with federal, state and local educational and financial aid policies.
- Oversee and manage the budget for the Registrar's Office.
- Represent the Office of the Registrar with various organizations
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Master’s degree required; prior experience, with five or more years' experience, working with records management and student information system integration, (preferably Colleague by Ellucian) in a College or University setting, is highly desirable.
- A working knowledge and familiarity of FERPA policies is essential.
- Candidates must possess exceptional management and organizational skills, an exceptional attention to detail, be self-motivated and creative, and an ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
Founded in 1847 and affiliated with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), Midway University began admitting male students into its traditional daytime undergraduate program in August 2016. Midway University also offers adult undergraduate degree completion and graduate programs for both women and men through evening and online delivery. The main campus is located in Midway, Kentucky in the center of the Bluegrass Region and 15 miles outside Lexington. More than 120-acres of the 200-acre campus are dedicated to the institution’s equine program. Midway University also has an off-site location in Lexington, Kentucky.
To apply please visit - www.midway.edu/careers
Midway University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.