Founded in 1958, Quincy College is a two-year, municipally affiliated college serving approximately 4,000 students at campuses located in Quincy and Plymouth, Massachusetts.
Quincy College Mission Statement
Quincy College is an open-access institution that encourages academic achievement and excellence, diversity, economic opportunity, community involvement, and lifelong learning. The College facilitates valuable learning relationships that inspire students to realize their educational and professional futures.
We are committed to the following values: student learning and achievement; excellence in teaching; mutual respect, responsibility, and collaboration; individual and institutional integrity; and diversity of people and perspectives.
The College recognizes that our success is measured by the long-term satisfaction and achievement of our students, and the positive partnerships we develop. Our most valuable resources to achieving our mission are our faculty, administration and support staff. Each individual employee's performance contributes to our ability to successfully achieve and excel in all aspects of our mission and values.
Under the direction of the Assistant to the President, the Administrative Assistant is primarily responsible for the provision of support services to assist the President and the Senior Vice Presidents with day-to-day office operations. The Administrative Assistant provides executive level reception of guests and visitors, scheduling, correspondence, and telephone coverage. This position is one of the most visible campus office positions. This individual must therefore consistently demonstrate exceptional executive level interpersonal skills and discretion.
- Sort, distribute, and track all mail addressed to the President and Senior Vice Presidents.
- Manage the Senior Vice Presidents' calendars.
- Manage and direct the Executive Suite phone calls.
- Assist in scheduling the Executive Suite conference rooms.
- Assist with miscellaneous correspondence.
- Compile and distribute mailings to/from the President and Senior Vice Presidents.
- Maintain files and archives.
- Assist other individuals in the Executive Suite as needed.
- Assist with Grade Appeal process, including scheduling hearing dates, communicating with faculty, staff and students, drafting decision letters, etc.
- Assist with Student Conduct process including scheduling meetings with students, staff and faculty, scheduling Judicial Board Hearings, drafting correspondence, etc.
- Participate in mandatory training/coursework. Including but not limited to:
- Title IX and Sexual Misconduct
- Sexual Harassment
- Security Policy and Notification of Security Reporting
- Municipal Ethics Law
- Other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Schedule: Up to 16 Hours per Week. Afternoons M-F 1:00 ? 5:00/2:00 ? 6:00 as needed
Educational Experience: High School Diploma or GED required. Associate's degree preferred.
Experience Requirements: 1-2 years office experience, with experience within Higher Education preferred. Must demonstrate outstanding and professional interpersonal skills, advanced computer skills, exceptional organizational skills and an ability to effectively perform in a very fast-paced environment.
Quincy College is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy. Quincy College is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Massachusetts State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action.
Please submit the following documents online:
- Cover Letter
- Names/Contact Information of three professional references