Head Women's Basketball Coach
The University of Denver has a proud athletic tradition that compliments the schools academic endeavors. In its history, DU has won 31 national championships and enables student-athletes to compete on 17 Division 1 teams. The Pioneers pursue championships, excel academically, and represent both the University and their respective conferences to the best of their abilities.
The Head Women's Basketball Coach will be responsible for organizing and administering all aspects of the varsity program including: coaching, recruiting, event scheduling, supervision of program personnel, fund-raising, marketing, budget management and compliance with NCAA and Sun Belt Conference rules/regulations. The Head Coach will demonstrate an on-going commitment to the principles of multiculturalism and diversity through hiring practices, training and development programming, campus collaborations, or involvement and participation in university/divisional multiculturalism and diversity projects or initiatives.
- Recruit quality student-athletes capable of pursuing a bachelor's degree as demonstrated by maintenance of an exemplary graduation rate while managing a cost-effective and administratively efficient program.
- Demonstrate excellent teaching and coaching competencies with regard to: (a) sport skill instruction, (b) motivation, (c) tactical strategies, and (d) design a competitive schedule that maximizes student-athlete development and performance.
- Provide leadership in the personal development of student-athletes by projecting a positive and professional image including opportunities for the social, emotional, academic development, and athletic welfare of the student-athletes.
- Initiate and participate in public relations, marketing, and fundraising activities as well as continuing education conferences, workshops, or meetings to increase professional skills and knowledge.
- Train and supervise assistant coaches with the goal of developing head coach capabilities while relating to officials, junior college, high school, and club coaches, the media and general public.
- Exhibit the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with regard to adherence to NCAA, Conference, University, and the Department of Athletics Code of Ethics rules and regulations.
- Contribute to the maintenance of good working relationships with all members of the Division by demonstrating excellent writing, speaking, and listening skills.
- Assume other duties as assigned by the Vice Chancellor of Athletics and Recreation and Ritchie Center Operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of NCAA rules and a proven commitment to high ethical standards.
- Demonstrated commitment to academics.
- Excellent organizational and supervisory skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as business periodicals professional journals or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and develop related spreadsheets.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication and public relations skills.
- Commitment to the academic success of student-athletes.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Demonstrated successful coaching experience.
- Success in recruiting student-athletes committed to academic and athletic excellence.
- Master's degree.
- Collegiate head coaching experience.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please click New Resume/CV at the bottom of the page to begin application.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LBGT community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.