Research Scientist/Program Manager
The NSF Industry/University Cooperative Research Center for Novel High Voltage Materials and Structures (the HVT Center) at the University of Denver is looking for a highly accomplished individual to fill a combined position as a Research Scientist/Program Manager in the HVT Center. This is a one-year position with the possibility of renewal based on performance and the availability of funding. Depending on the performance and evaluation by the Board of Industrial Advisors of the Center and the Center Director, Dr. M. Kumosa, the person holding this position might be promoted within the first year to Deputy Director of the HVT Center with increased responsibilities and compensation.
- Perform research and manage small research projects funded by the HVT Center.
- Assist with management of the HVT Center.
- Co-supervise graduate students.
- Actively seek independent funding either from current/potential members or federal/state/private agencies.
- Perform active recruiting of new members and marketing of the HVT Center.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in individual and large group settings.
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Nanoscale Science and Engineering or other related discipline.
- 2-3 years of experience in an NSF I/UCRC.
- 2-3 years of sales and marketing experience.
- At least five years of management experience.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple simultaneous projects.
- At least five publications in major international peer reviewed journals and conference proceedings on HVT related topics.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please click New Resume/CV at the bottom of the page to begin application.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LBGT community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.