Assistant to the Dean
Working Title: Assistant to the Dean
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: School of Law
Posting Date: 11-11-2016
The University of Virginia School of Law seeks a full-time Assistant to the Dean. Primary responsibilities include managing the Dean's travel and meeting schedule, managing workflow and correspondence, preparing reimbursement requests, and researching and preparing drafts on a variety of subjects. In addition, the Assistant helps to coordinate logistical arrangements for faculty events, arrange venues and catering, and communicate with faculty speakers. The Assistant works as part of a team with another administrative assistant in the Dean's Office to support the Dean, the Senior Associate Dean for Administration, and the Director of Faculty Support. The Assistant serves as the point of contact for the Dean's Office to greet visitors, handle internal and external requests, and answer the telephone.
Candidates for this position must be able to:
* Manage constantly evolving calendars with strong attention to detail,
* Communicate effectively both orally and in writing, with proper grammar and usage,
* Interact with a range of individuals professionally and with an awareness of appropriate protocols,
* Handle multiple and competing priorities simultaneously,
* Track projects and ensure that requests for information and reports are met on time,
* Maintain confidentiality and exercise excellent judgment, and
* Exhibit an ability to be flexible, composed under pressure, and consistently professional.
A bachelor's degree is strongly preferred.
The School of Law is consistently recognized as one of the top law schools in the country. The environment at the School of Law is both dynamic and supportive, with a strong sense of collegiality among students, faculty, and staff. The Assistant will have an opportunity to work closely with the Dean and other talented individuals in an academic community committed to excellence and service.
To apply, visit jobs.virginia.edu - Posting # 0619918. Create an application online and attach a cover letter, CV/resume, and full contact information for three professional references. You may also choose to attach a writing sample.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with faculty, staff, student and vendors;
2. Ability to manage and complete multiple projects
3. Ability to be team-oriented with an excellent work
4. Ability to be flexible with work assignments given;
5. Excellent oral and written communication skills;
6. Excellent attention to detail;
7. Ability to maintain professional demeanor when responding to calls and greeting guests;
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=80559