Adjunct Faculty, German
General Statement of Job
To teach beginning and intermediate level German language to students in accordance with College policies and procedures.
Location Highland Campus Hours Summer I (May 30-July 6) M T W TH 9:00-11:45 Salary Salary is assigned according to the Adjunct Faculty Salary Scale. FLSA Status Exempt Reports To Department Chair of Foreign Languages Criminal Background Check Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Native or near native fluency in German.
- Effective instructional techniques and innovative modes of course delivery adaptable to a variety of learning styles.
- Capable of using current technologies in the classroom and online to convey course content.
- Principles and practices associated with Servant-Leadership.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Must exhibit leadership, team building skills, and an ability to work with diverse students, faculty, staff, administration, and community.
- Ability to teach effectively at the community college level and to understand and contribute to the comprehensive mission and philosophy of community colleges.
- Ability to develop and implement instructional curriculum.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency using computer applications, online resources, and other technologies for the classroom and online learning as well as to develop and build course content and perform administrative duties (posting office hours, syllabi, grades . . . etc.).
Required Work Experience
Preferred Work Experience
- Work experience teaching at a community college.
- Work experience teaching at an institution of higher learning.
- In accordance with SACSCOC accreditation standards: Master's degree with at least 18 graduate hours in German language and/or literature. SACSCOC requirements may differ depending on the courses taught within the discipline. For specific requirements by course, please see the current year Faculty Qualifications Table located at http://www.austincc.edu/faculty/credentials/.
- Reliable transportation may be required for teaching in multiple campus locations.
- Work is routinely performed in a classroom or office setting.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and colleagues.
Other Preferred Qualifications
- Possesses comfort and familiarity with technology.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.