Legal and Administrative Assistant
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
The George Washington University (GW) is seeking a Legal and Administrative Assistant to join its Office of the Senior Vice President and General Counsel (OGC). OGC provides quality legal, strategic and policy advice, and counseling on a broad range of cutting edge issues that confront a large urban private research university. The successful candidate will be expected to provide exceptional legal and administrative support. The position has two primary responsibilities: reception support and legal administrative support. This position will report to the Special Assistant to the Senior Vice President and General Counsel.
• Greet visitors and answer/disseminate phone calls in a timely, efficient, and professional manner.
• Manage the reception area to ensure effective telephone and written communication, both internally and externally.
• Monitor and order office supplies.
• Coordinate maintenance of office equipment, including copiers, fax machine, phones
• Open, log, and distribute mail.
• Manage conference room scheduling; set up and break down/clean up conference rooms.
• Serve as point person for organizing all large mailings.
• Assist other staff and attorneys with transporting materials between key GW offices.
• Perform a variety of routine clerical tasks such as assembling materials, preparing documents for mail or courier delivery, updating spreadsheets, photocopying, typing, filing and preparing documents for archives.
• Schedule meetings and maintain calendars for multiple attorneys.
• Assist office staff and attorneys with minor IT and Microsoft Office Suite troubleshooting.
• Process travel and expense reports.
• Draft correspondence, reports, tables, forms and other basic legal documents for attorney approval.
• Perform other work related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Associate's degree in a relevant program plus two years of relevant professional experience is necessary, or a Bachelor's degree. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree
• 2 years of legal and administrative support experience.
• Outstanding customer service.
• Team player who is proactive, organized, and detail oriented.
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom College/School/Department: General Counsel Family Legal Sub-Family Legal Support Stream Service and Support Level Level 2 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40+ Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:30pm occasional nights and weekends Position Designation: Non-Essential: Employees who are not required to work unless directed to do so by their supervisor. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search, Credit Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S006183 Job Open Date: 03/09/2017 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- What is the highest level of education that you have obtained?
(Open Ended Question)
- What is your expected salary range?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter