Academic Advisor - Department of Psychology (A1700135)
The Department of Psychology at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign seeks a full-time Academic Advisor to advise, guide, and provide resources, direction, and support for undergraduate students in the Department of Psychology regarding course choices, progress toward graduation, and other academic, and career issues regarding the undergraduate experience.
- Direct advising of students, both declared psychology majors and potential majors; work with college and campus administrative units responsible for direct services to students
- Utilize DARS, Banner, and UGradRecs to create and maintain files for all undergraduate students in order to record and track students' progress toward a degree and to determine when students need additional academic assistance in order to design individual support plans for students
- Create and lead new student orientation classes
- Organize and conduct meetings for potential Psychology majors
- Work with the Psychology advising office and other Psychology staff as needed to plan and carry out the Psychology Department's Spring Convocation Ceremony
- Provide advising and assistance to incoming freshmen and transfer students during summer orientation/registration in person, via telephone, and via virtual online advising in coordination with the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Coordinate guest speakers for various seminars to be presented to undergraduates
- Master's Degree
- Experience with advising in an academic setting and excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Clearly student focused and have skills in advising and customer service/public relations
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of University of Illinois policies
- Ability to work with computer database applications
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to working with culturally diverse groups
- Demonstrative ability to work collaboratively with colleagues.
Please create your candidate profile and upload a cover letter and CV/resume through https://jobs.illinois.edu/. For full consideration, all requested information including the names and contact information of three professional references must be submitted by March 31, 2017. Salary commensurate with qualifications. Anticipated start date is as soon as possible after closing date.
Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
For more information, contact Summer Curry at email@example.com.
Illinois is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or criminal conviction history. Illinois welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. (www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu).
Organization Name: Psychology
College Name or Administrative Unit: LAS
Category: Academic Professional
Open Date: 03/09/2017