Stewardship Coordinator - Department of Chemistry (A1700137)
Department of Chemistry
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Department of Chemistry seeks a full-time (12-month) academic professional as a Stewardship Coordinator. This position reports to the Senior Financial Analyst and will support the Department of Chemistry in all areas of stewardship, donor and gift development and management, and communication.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Develop plans for properly using gift funds within the Department of Chemistry:
- Propose plans to the Chemistry Alumni Relations and Development Committee
- Implement and manage plans. Develop reports on the use of donated funds, forecast future income, work with the Chemistry Alumni Relations and Development Committee to develop future fundraising needs.
- Communicate success of plans with donors via individual communications, newsletters, and annual reports
Analyze donor data to identify strategic priorities for future donor opportunities. Analyze long-term trends and individual donor profiles to assist the major gift officer(s) with future donor prospects.
Oversee donor acknowledgements and correspondence. Analyze donor profiles and personalize correspondence to ensure effective messaging.
Manage communications activities, including the supervision of staff within the Department of Chemistry to perform communications activities ranging from newsletters, to the web site, brochures, and targeted communication with alumni.
Manage outreach and development events, including supervision of staff within the Department of Chemistry to arrange for alumni events, gatherings at professional society meetings, and travel of the Head and Chemistry Alumni Relations and Development Committee to meet donors.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience with researching and organizing information and data with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience with designing and completing goal-oriented projects in a timely manner.
- Experience with working independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Ability to supervise other development employees working as a team for the coordinator.
- Ability to engage donors at a professional level during meetings on campus and arranged elsewhere.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communication, Interdisciplinary Studies or other Liberal Arts area that emphasizes outreach and communication skills.
Salary and Start Date: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Starting date is as soon as possible after closing date.
Application Procedures: For full consideration, please create your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references by the closing date of March 23, 2017. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date.
For further information/questions: Contact the SCS HR Office at email@example.com or 217-300-1637. The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
Organization Name: Chemistry
College Name or Administrative Unit: College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Category: Academic Professional
Open Date: 03/09/2017