Instructor - Veterinary Technology
Job Summary: To develop in each student the skills of critical thinking and to help students learn the subject matter presented to them in order for that student to become a positive member of the community. Impart the didactic information of the curriculum such that VT graduates have the opportunity to become confident, competent, licensed technicians.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Teach a minimum twelve (12) credit hours per fall and spring semesters in the Veterinary Technology program curriculum for laboratory classes or fifteen (15) credit hours for non-laboratory classes or equivalent service. Class schedules and work assignment may vary from semester to semester to meet program’s needs. This may include evening instruction.
2. Be available to student and prospective students during posted office hours.
3. Perform medical, surgical, and husbandry procedures on various domestic species
4. Maintain student and course records
5. Create and maintain documentation of student completion of essential skills
6. Advise and assist students in enrollment, student government association activities and job searches
7. Serve on special projects and committees
8. Participate and support institutional activities when possible
9. Assist in the designing/revising of courses, curricula and data management systems especially as it pertains to food producing and equine animals
10. Participate in professional development, both as an instructor and veterinary professional
11. Exhibit innovative and adaptive instructional methods
12. Maintain proficiency in use of modern veterinary equipment/instrumentation
13. Assist in recruitment, public relations, correspondence and marketing of the VT program
14. Assist with inventory and equipment maintenance
15. Serve as a role model in reinforcing the concept of the veterinary team
16. Embrace the team spirit in performance of job functions and relationships with colleagues
17. Travel to, performance in and working with employees of off-campus laboratory sites and conferences
18. Transportation of students to off-campus laboratory sites and conferences
19. Effectively perform other duties as assigned
Hiring Range:(Contingent upon available funding): 0.00 - 0.00, Commensurate