Development Assistant, School of Law
The Law School at the University of Colorado Boulder seeks an experienced professional to join our Advancement team, which generates philanthropic support and overall external engagement for the School. Through these philanthropic and engagement efforts, Law is able to attract the most promising students, support and grow talented faculty, strengthen overall academic programs and achieve national excellence. The Development Assistant will, under minimal supervision, perform tasks a broad array of administrative projects and tasks that reflect substantial variety, complexity and urgency.
1. Provides overall administrative support for the Assistant Dean for Advancement and development officers. Support includes, but is not limited to, answering and directing phone calls, sorting and distributing mail, preparing routine and non-routine correspondence, document management, maintaining office equipment, resolving hardware and software issues with System Advancement IT team, ordering office supplies and maintaining adequate inventory levels.
2. Assists with travel arrangements, schedules meetings and appointments and maintains calendars to ensure efficient time management. Assists staff with expense reimbursement and data entry relative to contact information, contact reports and other data as needed.
3. Manages Law gifts (processes gifts, handles rev/mods, creates appeal forms, pledge forms, T/Ns), drafts acknowledgment letters, runs periodic gift reports. Researches and resolves issues or discrepancies regarding donations, fund transfers, and new gift funds. Works directly with donors to facilitate gifts and answer questions. Creates pledges forms.
4. Completes new account forms, routing and following-up on forms and fund agreements to ensure required approval signatures obtained in timely manner; provides complete information to Accounting and Stewardship Departments and processing staff.
5. Assists development staff in identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donors and prospective donors through research of data bases. Utilizes data from central database to create requested reports, spreadsheets and correspondence on a routine basis. Generates and refines downloads for reports and mailing labels as requested by development staff.
6. Provides support for Advancement-related events as needed.
7. Generates department accounts payable vouchers, verifying accuracy of invoices and accounting codes to be charged. May assist in preparation and monitoring of departmental budget.
8. Acts as liaison with the University regarding questions, research information, reports, and operations.
What we can offer:
Competitive starting salary, commensurate with experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be engaged. Be dynamic. Be successful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
• Education: High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent required; Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience highly preferred.
• Experience: A minimum of 3 years administrative experience; non-profit, events and development/fundraising experience preferred.
• Software Utilized: Microsoft Office Products, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; and Internet required. Publisher and Access experience highly preferred; Database applications; Breed Solutions for Fundraising and Donor Relations (BSR) or similar software highly preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by March 19, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200, extension 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Name-(Job Number).
Please do not upload references at this time. References will be requested separately for potential finalists.
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 11007 - UCB Development Administration
Posting Date: Mar 9, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus HR
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00001274