Assistant Registrar for Scheduling
Posting Date March 9, 2017
Position Title Assistant Registrar for Scheduling
Vacancy # V-1267
Department Registrar's Office
Division Academic Affairs
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE:
Reporting to the University Registrar, the Assistant Registrar for Scheduling will perform tasks and manage projects related to academic scheduling, classroom assignments, and report writing using our current systems (Elucian Banner and 25 Live Tools). The Assistant Registrar for Scheduling works closely with the Associate Registrar and the Assistant Registrars to ensure that maintenance of the Course Inventory File is consistent with the system's programming guidelines, as well as ensuring that the timing of each of the area's functions is in concert with overall processes of the office. The Assistant Registrar for Scheduling is responsible for the training and supervision of all support staff that are assigned to the Scheduling Area. This position interacts frequently with academic departments, students, faculty and staff. The Assistant Registrar is responsible for assisting the University Registrar in managing and operating the office and for providing excellent internal and external customer service.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage the creation of class schedules for all academic terms, including online programs.
• Organizes and works in groups across campus to assist in standardizing, implementing, and problem solving policies that relate to functions handled out of the Registrar's Office.
• Produces reports for operational data governance in various areas related to the Registrar's Office.
• Works closely with staff and student workers to ensure office synergy and help develop and manage streamlined processes.
• Assists in developing the implementation process for the electronic curriculum management system (CIM).
• Assists other offices with block registration functions for new students as needed. Develops block scheduling sections in schedule.
• Maintains high regard for student privacy in accordance with the FERPA privacy policies and procedures.
• Participates in development and use of 25 LIVE for classroom assignments and meetings
• Performs other functions as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Qualifications & Requirements
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Master's Degree preferred, Bachelor's required
- At least 2 years' experience in a post-secondary Registrar's office.
- Experience managing staff in the Registrar's office
- Experience and knowledge of Ellucian Banner student systems including Degreeworks and 25Live
- Report writing experience working with COGNOS preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with demonstrated competence in the use of logic.
- Ability to execute detailed and complex projects with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity and complete confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to be sensitive to and respond to needs/concerns of students, faculty, college staff and the public.
- Ability to work under pressure with a high tolerance for interruptions, and the ability to work with diverse groups of people.
Management retains the right to add or change job duties at any time.
Commensurate with Experience
Anticipated Start Date June 2017
Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
Apply By Review begins immediately and continues until position is filled
Organizational Marketing Statement:
Building on a distinguished 105-year history, Montclair State University is proud to be a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The university's six colleges and schools serve more than 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs. Situated on a beautiful, 250-acre suburban campus just 14 miles from New York City, Montclair State combines the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a dynamic, sophisticated, and diverse academic environment.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the MSU website at www.montclair.edu.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION